Seeing a posting today about the NO CIEN mantra got me thinking. Now admittedly that can sometimes be dangerous or end in disaster but I plowed ahead never the less.
In 1992 when I first came to CR a hot spot for picking up chicas was a bar called Happy Days. It was a well know gringo mongering spot in the gulch.
The standard rate the chicas asked was about 3500 colones (roughly $25.00 in those days).
I decided to see if I could relate that to todays dollars. To google I went and sure enough found a place where I could enter $25.00 1992 USD and find out what would the equivalent be today. The latest data available was 2005 dollars and believe it or not the figure is $188.00
So a chica asking for cien is actually getting only a little more than half the purchasing power that girls got in 1992. Interesting.
_________________

Pura Vida

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four
essential food groups:
alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine
