www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:01 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Can anyone recommend a place to stay in this area for about a month? It's a bit pricey on air bnb. Just wondering if anyone here knows a good place to stay. Would like to know I'm headed to a decent no hassle spot since it's required to pay up front and no refunds are possible, ill be stuck with whatever i book. I'll be working remote inside during the day and having a tica (or 2) over at night, so I'll be spending a lot of time there.
Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:07 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

masporfavor wrote:
Can anyone recommend a place to stay in this area for about a month? It's a bit pricey on air bnb. Just wondering if anyone here knows a good place to stay. Would like to know I'm headed to a decent no hassle spot since it's required to pay up front and no refunds are possible, ill be stuck with whatever i book. I'll be working remote inside during the day and having a tica (or 2) over at night, so I'll be spending a lot of time there.
Thanks in advance

I was in an Airbnb in a condo in Sabana, I get what you are saying. The other thing that they may not tell you is that many of the condos have a "no guest" policy. Sometimes that will show on the rules for the individual Airbnb unit, but I think that is not very consistent. In my case I registered my girlfriend with me, and even then it was a hassle the first couple of times she came over. I had explained it clearly when I booked, and the host was ok with it, but they really don't like it.

So be sure you have it in writing. If you have a particular friend in mind you will need to send a copy of her cedula before you check in...etc.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:18 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Zeos wrote:
masporfavor wrote:
Thanks in advance

I was in an Airbnb in a condo in Sabana, I get what you are saying. The other thing that they may not tell you is that many of the condos have a "no guest" policy. Sometimes that will show on the rules for the individual Airbnb unit, but I think that is not very consistent. In my case I registered my girlfriend with me, and even then it was a hassle the first couple of times she came over. I had explained it clearly when I booked, and the host was ok with it, but they really don't like it.

So be sure you have it in writing. If you have a particular friend in mind you will need to send a copy of her cedula before you check in...etc.

Thanks for the tip! I will do that. It seems ridiculous that they police who u bring with you...its really none of their concern. I might try to tip the
Security or whoever so they mind their own business

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:28 am 

That is a nice area. Here is a place that rents rooms and also small apts. Sabana park is right next door. Stayed there many years ago.

https://hotelandapartmentslasabana.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:22 am 

masporfavor wrote:
Zeos wrote:
masporfavor wrote:
Thanks in advance

Thanks for the tip! I will do that. It seems ridiculous that they police who u bring with you...its really none of their concern. I might try to tip the
Security or whoever so they mind their own business

Most of the AirBnB properties are in residential buildings where other folks in the building actually live full time. They are not enamored with the idea of guys renting Apts in their building partying hard and parading hookers thru the building. Not saying this is how it would he with you but the reason for the onerous AirBnB terms and conditions. The host really doesn't want to run afoul of his neighbors.

And be careful with trying to bribe a security guard, etc. If the host determines you have violated HIS written terms and conditions he can give you the boot immediately with no refund.

Good luck with your trip.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:37 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I've stayed at an AirBnB in the Cosmopolitan Tower in Rohrmoser near the stadium. It was chica friendly and the front desk didn't seem to mind, but I only brought back one chica a night and tried to be as chill about it as possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:11 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Quote:
Most of the AirBnB properties are in residential buildings where other folks in the building actually live full time. They are not enamored with the idea of guys renting Apts in their building partying hard and parading hookers thru the building. Not saying this is how it would he with you but the reason for the onerous AirBnB terms and conditions. The host really doesn't want to run afoul of his neighbors.

And be careful with trying to bribe a security guard, etc. If the host determines you have violated HIS written terms and conditions he can give you the boot immediately with no refund.

You make a good point. I can understand that. I tend to be discrete and a private person in general. I will tell the chica to wear a Burka when she comes to my place. I have a beard so we can pose as a nice muslim couple. then i can pass the Burka to a different girl every night. :wink: j/k

I'm just curious, would you say most Ticos would or would not accept a $20 "tip" to look the other way or just not hassle my guests? Or is it hard to say? I don't anticipate any issues. I'm just asking about Ticos in general. I don't want to offend anyone. I know in Mexico "tips" are very appreciated and sometimes "required" if you don't want to be hassled in some places. In other places they wouldn't accept anything like that.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:15 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

catbert55 wrote:
I've stayed at an AirBnB in the Cosmopolitan Tower in Rohrmoser near the stadium. It was chica friendly and the front desk didn't seem to mind, but I only brought back one chica a night and tried to be as chill about it as possible.

Wow, thats actually the one I was considering before I posted this question! I guess I have my answer now. Looks like a nice place. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:55 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

masporfavor wrote:
catbert55 wrote:

Wow, thats actually the one I was considering before I posted this question! I guess I have my answer now. Looks like a nice place. Thanks!

i second the Cosmopolitan... great location, walking distance to plenty of shops... friendly staff... lots of units in the building on airbnb... if i recall i got a sweet rate for a month stay, around 35 a night...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:34 am 

masporfavor wrote:
Quote:

You make a good point. I can understand that. I tend to be discrete and a private person in general. I will tell the chica to wear a Burka when she comes to my place. I have a beard so we can pose as a nice muslim couple. then i can pass the Burka to a different girl every night. :wink: j/k

I'm just curious, would you say most Ticos would or would not accept a $20 "tip" to look the other way or just not hassle my guests? Or is it hard to say? I don't anticipate any issues. I'm just asking about Ticos in general. I don't want to offend anyone. I know in Mexico "tips" are very appreciated and sometimes "required" if you don't want to be hassled in some places. In other places they wouldn't accept anything like that.

If you were dealing with just one person it might be possible, although not sure that $20 would do it. Problem is you're dealing with a whole staff in most of these condo type buildings, with different shifts and changing shifts of security people. My guess would be that 50% of the time an offer of a tip or bribe might get you booted out with no refund, and 50% it might half work...But I have no experience with trying it so I could be wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:21 pm 

In Costa Rica, tips are always appreciated. That said I would hesitate to explicitly tie the propina to the guard looking the other way. Condo security is a pretty good job in San Jose and they could be putting it at risk by allowing you to violate the rules of the building. All it would take is one uptight resident (and regular ticos, especially the wives, can be very uptight about P4P) complaining to the condo board and he is on the street.

As you say, keep it on the downlow, make sure you dates dress conservatively and don't make a lot of noise. You also might want to locate a short time hotel nearby in case your efforts fail.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:48 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
In Costa Rica, tips are always appreciated. That said I would hesitate to explicitly tie the propina to the guard looking the other way. Condo security is a pretty good job in San Jose and they could be putting it at risk by allowing you to violate the rules of the building. All it would take is one uptight resident (and regular ticos, especially the wives, can be very uptight about P4P) complaining to the condo board and he is on the street.

As you say, keep it on the downlow, make sure you dates dress conservatively and don't make a lot of noise. You also might want to locate a short time hotel nearby in case your efforts fail.

Or just don't do it, that's my approach. I've had enough trouble with having a girlfriend that is a registered guest get in. I suspect if you were married to a younger woman even then you would have hassles.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:47 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

이 기사의 내용은 훌륭하며 제 웹 사이트에 적용할 수 있을 것이라고 믿습니다 라이브 바카라 현재 온라인에서 플레이되고 있으며 추가 우승 기회를 제공하는 게임입니다.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:29 pm 

Cosmopoliton looks very nice. Looks like $141 a night is the price.