www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:25 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Will spend a few nights in San Jose before going down to my favorite Airbnb in Jaco. How is the Del Rey doing? Should I stay there or at the Sportsmans? Any recent reviews/ updates would be much appreciated.
The Del Rey website makes it look like its back to its former glory.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:40 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I would pick Sportsmans or Castillo.... no chica fee at either - the chica just needs a cedula (ID card). The Delrey charges $20 just to take a chica to your room. Taormina is the new hot spot but the bar area is small and often crowded. Also I heard they charge a chica fee also. I like to drink a lot while down there so the Castillo all inclusive is my preference.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:02 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

magictrain wrote:
Will spend a few nights in San Jose before going down to my favorite Airbnb in Jaco. How is the Del Rey doing? Should I stay there or at the Sportsmans? Any recent reviews/ updates would be much appreciated.
The Del Rey website makes it look like its back to its former glory.

Definitely stay at the Sportsmens or the Castillo. The Taormina is crap and is ghetto and is maybe good for only picking up a low end puta, but low end putas can also be found in other places also. The Del Rey's website has a gallery section on there that are clearly old pictures of the place, and for some reason a majority of the photos are of people wearing Halloween costumes, which were taken at Halloween parties from years past.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:35 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Thank you guys, I was leaning towards the Sportsmans, hear that the wi fi is best there. All the places are a quick cab ride anyway, so I'll definitely check em all out.

Doesnt the Taormina have some sort of all night dance on an upper floor? What is that all about? Did I read it was 150 db and you cant hear yourself think?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:17 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

No, they had a extra bar on the 4th floor when they had head count restrictions due to COVID. Since the restrictions have been lifted the 4th floor bar no longer operates.

In July the Taormina had a more consistent volume and quality of ticas than the others, though Del Rey seemed to pick up later in the evening.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:10 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I would choose your hotel based on the room quality, amenities, price and overall vibe not based on the past or present chica traffic that the bar experienced. It is easy to visit all of the listed venues to find company and bring them back to your room. The availability of women in each of the specific bars can vary significantly from day to day even hour to hour.

Keep in mind that the Rey and the Taormina both have chica fees while the SL and Castillo do not. If you are only having one guest a day then it's really just an increase in the room cost that you can budget for. If you are on a short trip and you are having multiple encounters daily, the cost can add up quickly.