www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:44 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Some will remember the Tournant Restaurante when it was adjacent to the Taormina. About 9 months ago, that location closed and they moved to Heredia. Soon they will be opening a second location back in Otoya. It will be about 1/2 a block east of Cafe Miel Garage and directly across from Selina San Jose. They are advertising for staff now on Instagram.
https://instagram.com/tournantcr

The Heredia location is Tournant del Campo and shares the location with Sibo Chocolate. A mellow non-monger lunch and/or coffee location. Uber from SL is about c4mil. (Closed Monday and Tuesday). No word on opening date for the Otoya location.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:51 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Boynton
Thanks for the information on the tourmant location

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:57 am 

This will be a great option when staying at the SL or Castillo. I really liked the old location by the Taormina. Reasonable prices , good service and tasty appetizers (never really ate a meal there).

It will be impossible however to replicate the setting of the old location. It was an incredible place to just sit, enjoy a glass of wine and a small bite to eat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 12:35 pm 

I agree, the old Tournant really was an oasis, but time marches on.

De Aca (on c3a across from the convent) is good for coffee and dessert, but you have to be willing to climb the stairs for a view. I used to like watching the sunset from the third floor before my knees got bad. They close at 7pm

Alma de Amon (in/adjacent) to the Dunn Inn has stepped up their game, but no view.

Orvieto (on Av 11 behind the SL between the Film Institute and the condo building) is a hidden gem with almost no signage. You will find a lunch crowd from the Casa Amarilla. (CR State Department).
https://www.teletica.com/masqn/orvieto- ... oya_318016

Each of these three is definitely NOT chica friendly, but a nice escape from the hustle and bustle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:02 pm 

Boynton wrote:
I
Orvieto (on Av 11 behind the SL between the Film Institute and the condo building) is a hidden gem with almost no signage. You will find a lunch crowd from the Casa Amarilla. (CR State Department).

Sitting out on the back patio of the SL I have seen them setting up for lunch on many occasions. I always thought it was part of the film institute. I will definitely check it out next week.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:55 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Boynton wrote:
I
Orvieto (on Av 11 behind the SL between the Film Institute and the condo building) is a hidden gem with :D almost no signage. You will find a lunch crowd from the Casa Amarilla. (CR State Department).

Sitting out on the back patio of the SL I have seen them setting up for lunch on many occasions. I always thought it was part of the film institute. I will definitely check it out next week.

Is this the little place on the next road over from the SL? Where if you were walking from the SL to the Castillo you’d take the first right. I always think of that street as the one the taxis have to take to circle around the back of the SL because of the one way streets.

On my last trip, saw a place that had put out a little fold up sign and wondered what it was but didn’t stop in…I was headed down the hill :D