www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:09 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Boynton wrote:
I applaud Whitecat in that he sets the service he wants and the price he is willing to pay. But if I am not willing to let a chica define this for me, why should he? Each monger should play their own game, but far to many let the chicas call the shots.
Obviously my commentary was mostly tongue in cheek. I agree completely with you, to each his own. I was busting on Whitecat a bit because many times his posts come across as having an air of superiority to the visiting mongers who can’t be or don’t want to be as rigid as him and don’t hold fast to the low ball prices like he does.

That and his misguided opinion that what other people pay somehow affects him. Which is obviously not the case given the prices he always touts that he pays. I don’t know him and I’m sure he’s a nice guy to have a beer with and shoot the breeze. It’s all in good fun though there is some underlying truth to it in my opinion.

Whitecat wrote:
When you speak Spanish, the price goes down……try it.
That’s one thing that we both agree on. And Spanish speaking ability has zero to do with what I pay. I consider my Spanish to be at least as good as any non native speaker I’ve met in my travels and better than most. And yes, it helps a lot. Even more so in MDE where English is not as prevalent as it is in CR.

I don’t allow myself to get taken advantage of and I don’t let the chicas control the situation. I find it very easy to say next. Though many times I could easily play hardball and browbeat the chicas to drop their prices even further, I don’t get any thrill out of doing that. In fact, just the opposite. Especially when I consider the price to be both fair and a good value.

Like you I have regulars that I’ve known for years. And though I could lowball them and pay less, not only don’t I feel a need to do that I think it’s a shitty thing to do. Especially for a chica you’ve known for years and who obviously shows you a good time which is why you repeat with her on a regular basis. Which means that you must like her on some level. An extra $10 or $15 here or there makes zero difference in my life but does in theirs, even if it’s only for the short term. You should try it some time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:44 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Skosh wrote:
Boynton wrote:
I applaud Whitecat in that he sets the service he wants and the price he is willing to pay. But if I am not willing to let a chica define this for me, why should he? Each monger should play their own game, but far to many let the chicas call the shots.
Obviously my commentary was mostly tongue in cheek. I agree completely with you, to each his own. I was busting on Whitecat a bit because many times his posts come across as having an air of superiority to the visiting mongers who can’t be or don’t want to be as rigid as him and don’t hold fast to the low ball prices like he does.

That and his misguided opinion that what other people pay somehow affects him. Which is obviously not the case given the prices he always touts that he pays. I don’t know him and I’m sure he’s a nice guy to have a beer with and shoot the breeze. It’s all in good fun though there is some underlying truth to it in my opinion.

Whitecat wrote:
That’s one thing that we both agree on. And Spanish speaking ability has zero to do with what I pay. I consider my Spanish to be at least as good as any non native speaker I’ve met in my travels and better than most. And yes, it helps a lot. Even more so in MDE where English is not as prevalent as it is in CR.

I don’t allow myself to get taken advantage of and I don’t let the chicas control the situation. I find it very easy to say next. Though many times I could easily play hardball and browbeat the chicas to drop their prices even further, I don’t get any thrill out of doing that. In fact, just the opposite. Especially when I consider the price to be both fair and a good value.

Like you I have regulars that I’ve known for years. And though I could lowball them and pay less, not only don’t I feel a need to do that I think it’s a shitty thing to do. Especially for a chica you’ve known for years and who obviously shows you a good time which is why you repeat with her on a regular basis. Which means that you must like her on some level. An extra $10 or $15 here or there makes zero difference in my life but does in theirs, even if it’s only for the short term. You should try it some time.

+1 for not low balling the ladies. Don't overpay or get taken advantage of but try to be fair.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:28 am 

While I appreciate the comments here, let me say this. These putas have different tiers of pricing based on the client. If she sees a brand new gringo who stands out like a sore thumb, she prices accordingly. She knows he is not only new to the game, but also understands he is talking to a much younger, pretty woman. She waits for the kill and strikes. I saw a gringo the other night at a bar getting milked like a cow. The babe he was with spoke zero english and had all her friends there drinking and eating. I could understand every word they were saying. No-one ever said a word to him. Speaking Spanish levels the playing field. I am fortunate to be fluid. I have mentioned here I have more than one friend who works at places like SL for cien and still comes and visits for 20k. BUT there are many who will not visit anymore because they know they can get a C note from the gringos. That is the ONLY basis of my comments for the cien boys.

I have also said if a gringo wants to spend cien on a babe for 50 minutes of love, good luck. I have been coming to Cr 20 years, and have lived here for 5. I have NEVER paid cien for a babe.

Learn the language.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:42 am 

Skosh wrote:
Boynton wrote:

Whitecat wrote:

+1 x 10^6

Well said.

mh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:43 am 

Whitecat wrote:
She waits for the kill and strikes.

It is the nature of the game. Predator :arrow: Prey :arrow: Predator

Whitecat wrote:
I saw a gringo the other night at a bar getting milked like a cow. The babe he was with spoke zero english and had all her friends there drinking and eating. I could understand every word they were saying. No-one ever said a word to him.

If the gringo is a tourist, stayed within a vacation budget and left feeling like a rockstar. 8) 8) 8)
He has a bright future if he keeps visiting, learns more each visit, improves his skills (language AND awareness). :idea: :idea: :idea:

Whitecat wrote:
Speaking Spanish levels the playing field.

Speaking, or at least understanding what is being said, is important but it will not level the paying field on its own. You can use your ignorance or imperfect skills to your advantage, especially if you can understand what is being said. Retain control of the situation, know when to walk away, know when to run. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Whitecat wrote:
I am fortunate to be fluid.

While I may never be FLUENT, I am fortunate to be solidly solvent. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whitecat wrote:
Learn the language.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:39 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Understand that for the rate you're paying your novia, even people in first-world countries would be lining up around the block if it were an ordinary job. Then realize the cost of living for normal people in Costa Rica is much, much lower, and you'll understand why your novia sees you as a cash cow and resents any lost opportunity to milk you for more.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:17 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

If she’s still working, she doesn’t view “you” as a full time novio . You are a dependable client, probably enjoys working for while you’re there. The monthly stipends, helps keep the novia claim, giving you a better experience… GFE. Plus, you get the pics, maybe a few video chats and a feeling of happiness.

It’s all good, just enjoy. I would recommend looking at the reality, enjoy the fantasy.

If you want to test… simply cut off money next time you visit. See what happens. No way she’ll walk to the taxi without $$ if she’s working (in her mind)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:31 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Miamiheller wrote:
P.S. As Zeos said, your assumption is incorrect. Your hovia gets upset because any money you spend on other women is money she ain't getting, and in her mind she's thinking why should you pay other putas when you can pay her?
This really explains a lot. When we were still getting to know each other she was obsessed with knowing how much I spent on other girls which struck me as an odd thing to ask about. How many times did I see X? Did they cook for me? Did I eat them out? :lol:

Phoenix Rising wrote:
But by spelling it out for her it kills the fantasy of real relationship game they play and she loses face. Lie (like she does) and tell her she is the only one and the passive aggressive comments will fade away. Saving face is more important than knowing the truth in this culture.
I know this - a female friend I have in Costa Rica told me this outright when she told me about this gringo she had been dating. He apparently cancelled on her hours before they were to see one another and bluntly told her the truth as to why: his ex was in town.

She was devastated. I felt sorry for her but what shocked me was her telling me she wished he had lied to her.

I was hoping my hovia could grow beyond this mentality, since you can't get far in life if you won't look at reality.

I guess she's a lost cause though. She tells me she's going to immigrate to the US even without any of my help. I try to explain all of the strict requirements even for a tourist visa. And her response is anger, frustration, and cries of "why are you so negative? I am positive...!"

:roll:

Thanks for all the replies, lots of good info to chew on during my upcoming trip.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:46 pm 

WakingUp wrote:
Miamiheller wrote:
P.S. As Zeos said, your assumption is incorrect. Your hovia gets upset because any money you spend on other women is money she ain't getting, and in her mind she's thinking why should you pay other putas when you can pay her?
This really explains a lot. When we were still getting to know each other she was obsessed with knowing how much I spent on other girls which struck me as an odd thing to ask about. How many times did I see X? Did they cook for me? Did I eat them out? :lol:

Phoenix Rising wrote:
But by spelling it out for her it kills the fantasy of real relationship game they play and she loses face. Lie (like she does) and tell her she is the only one and the passive aggressive comments will fade away. Saving face is more important than knowing the truth in this culture.
I know this - a female friend I have in Costa Rica told me this outright when she told me about this gringo she had been dating. He apparently cancelled on her hours before they were to see one another and bluntly told her the truth as to why: his ex was in town.

She was devastated. I felt sorry for her but what shocked me was her telling me she wished he had lied to her.

I was hoping my hovia could grow beyond this mentality, since you can't get far in life if you won't look at reality.

I guess she's a lost cause though. She tells me she's going to immigrate to the US even without any of my help. I try to explain all of the strict requirements even for a tourist visa. And her response is anger, frustration, and cries of "why are you so negative? I am positive...!"

:roll:

Thanks for all the replies, lots of good info to chew on during my upcoming trip.

If you read and follow the advice I've given here at the bottom of the page, you won't have any more problems with hoz here, just sayin... :mrgreen:

You've taken more time trying to figure this one out than me and the couple hundred I have comported with over almost two decades now... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:07 am 

Netgems wrote:
You've taken more time trying to figure this one out than me and the couple hundred I have comported with over almost two decades now... :mrgreen:

Isn't a couple hundred more like a month's average for you? :?

mh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:19 pm 

Miamiheller wrote:
Netgems wrote:

Isn't a couple hundred more like a month's average for you? :?

No, not at my ancient fading age, 2 to 3, maybe 4 a month keeps me going and two out of that group are two favoritas I've known and rotated over three years.

I've been coming here since 2003, and on my visits, always at the grand dame the HDR, me and my buddies typically got 2 to 3 daily with some favoritas sleeping over and a threesome each trip each, then around ten years ago I lived here 2 years working for an international company, happy with one a week on the average.

When I retired here for good, three and 1/2 years ago and moved downtown, for about a year 2 to 3 a week was my obsession, really over doing it celebrating my retirement, but after moving out to Escazu and no longer in the limelight 8 days a week, and Covid appearing, I pretty much retired from the scene and reverted to my trained sugar Babi*s routine I had perfected in Florida, with only an occasional stray when I get a wild hair.

Having imaginary g/f's who know you well and you know them is fun, it's more like a "date" when you get together...

Living here as opposed to vacationing here, for me at least, is like when I lived in Florida a max 15 minute walk from the beach, you don't go that often when you know it will always be there, I usually went just 3 or 4 times a month, lol... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:33 pm 

I don't understand my novia...

I think this girl explains it rather explicitly...

https://youtu.be/fVuSYUNAekc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:17 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Netgems wrote:
Your first mistake is in calling her and thinking she is your "novia".

Novia is a Spanish word meaning girlfriend and assuming no money exchanges hands and it's not pay for play.

I have coined a phrase, "Hovia", meaning a ho we see repeatedly, we've gotten to know well, she has gotten to know you well, and you think you have a relationship, a romance or even just a friendship, (I can't boast I've never been a victim of the third) and she's an excellent actress and convinces you she's one of the three but could care less about you and regards you as a chump.

You have a hovia, or more accurately, she has you...

In time, hopefully, you will discover this to be the case.

Now in regards to her complaining about you seeing other women, real novias, hovias, hos, whatever...

Again, she could care less, it's likely that she sees other girls as a threat to her cash cow walking ATM with a d*ck and grabby paws, and she plays her little protest game to either be cute and make you think she cares or she really is upset at the thought of losing her steady revenue stream and just can't contain herself.

Now regarding sending money...Don't SEND them money, HAND them the money, but ONLY 5 minutes after blasting a big wad o' spooey down her throat and all over her face and wiping the last driblets off your slinky in her hair...

Last piece of advice, if you want a novia, join a dating service, don't try to make a ho or hovia a novia.

Practice my proven 6 F's methods here, and you'll get your money's worth and stay out of trouble and not get so easily confused...

Find 'em...Fondle 'em...Finger 'em...Fellatio 'em, F*ck 'em...and Forget 'em...

That's all I got... :roll:

Amazing, thoughtful, and spot-on post from Netgems. Keep re-reading this post until you understand it!

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 5:07 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

This is exactly why guys "graduate" from Latin America to southeast Asia, land of $15-per-night 4-star hotels and $10 pu*sy. Not that I don't love Costa Rica... I certainly do... But if you're paying somebody $100 per month to NOT sleep with you, then you're doing something wrong. My current "Novia" is a French Vietnamese girl that I give $200 per month...That includes apartment rental, cooking and cleaning on demand, and all of her expenses. She lives like a Queen and I get a King's welcome whenever I visit. Whenever I show up, the place is spit-shined and ready for business. If she's "not in the mood" then I head out for a $10 whack-a-noodle. Generally speaking, she's in the mood (Chào bố). And that's not a brag... It's available to any dumb-ass fat-ass like me. Anybody else who's been to SE Asia will confirm it. I currently live in Cartegena, but if I get the chance to live in SE Asia, I am definitely jumping on that boat.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:15 am 

Seraph wrote:
This is exactly why guys "graduate" from Latin America to southeast Asia, land of $15-per-night 4-star hotels and $10 pu*sy. Not that I don't love Costa Rica... I certainly do... But if you're paying somebody $100 per month to NOT sleep with you, then you're doing something wrong. My current "Novia" is a French Vietnamese girl that I give $200 per month...That includes apartment rental, cooking and cleaning on demand, and all of her expenses. She lives like a Queen and I get a King's welcome whenever I visit. Whenever I show up, the place is spit-shined and ready for business. If she's "not in the mood" then I head out for a $10 whack-a-noodle. Generally speaking, she's in the mood (Chào bố). And that's not a brag... It's available to any dumb-ass fat-ass like me. Anybody else who's been to SE Asia will confirm it. I currently live in Cartegena, but if I get the chance to live in SE Asia, I am definitely jumping on that boat.

And when you get to live there you will have the fun of sharing with the 10 other guys that send $200 a month. Fun for all. That is the business we are in so no biggie. But why not just pay well for when you are actually there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next