All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 8:43 am 
Site Admin

Yahoo Finance
Buy that airline ticket now to save money: expert
Adam Shapiro
Adam Shapiro·Anchor
Fri, May 14, 2021, 4:03 AM·4 min read

Memorial Day weekend marks the start of the airline industry's busy summer travel season and airfare expert Bob Harrell said fares are going up.

"Well, they've been going up fairly dramatically in the last six months at least," he told Yahoo Finance.

Harrell is president of Harrell Associates, a firm that tracks and benchmarks ticket prices across the industry. In normal times, business fares are four to five times more expensive than leisure fares, according to Harrell, but right now, "business travel in today's environment is nearly non existent. So the name of the game is leisure fares," he said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/buy-that ... 17089.html

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 7:47 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

The Admin wrote:
Yahoo Finance
Buy that airline ticket now to save money: expert
Adam Shapiro
Adam Shapiro·Anchor
Fri, May 14, 2021, 4:03 AM·4 min read

Memorial Day weekend marks the start of the airline industry's busy summer travel season and airfare expert Bob Harrell said fares are going up.

"Well, they've been going up fairly dramatically in the last six months at least," he told Yahoo Finance.

Harrell is president of Harrell Associates, a firm that tracks and benchmarks ticket prices across the industry. In normal times, business fares are four to five times more expensive than leisure fares, according to Harrell, but right now, "business travel in today's environment is nearly non existent. So the name of the game is leisure fares," he said.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/buy-that ... 17089.html

Good idea. I will book a trip just before Christmas. Always had great luck with Chikas needing that extra money!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 11:55 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Location: Pérez Zeledón home of possibly thee most beautiful women in the world.

Not so sure about that as I just bought a ticket to go back to the states for a bit and it is as cheap as any I remember for the last 15 years and I hear of lots of others flying for dirt cheap.

Costa Rica: We make easy, hard........

Hoe Dog koo koo ka choo

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 4:30 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Elkarlos wrote:

Not so sure about that as I just bought a ticket to go back to the states for a bit and it is as cheap as any I remember for the last 15 years and I hear of lots of others flying for dirt cheap.

One way ticket from SJO to MCO on JetBlue for June 30th is $650. You want refundable, then it is $1,114 and you have to route through JFK. Not exactly 'dirt cheap'. Ticos are flooding the planes to come to Florida or Texas to get vaccinated. My hovia and I arrived May 21 and went to the Orlando FEMA site (VCC) and were vaccinated within 5 minutes. (She compared it to sex with me :oops: ) In the tent there were about 100 other people, most were using non-US passports. IMO, this is causing a short-term distortion in plane fares. If you check JetBlue in August, they are back in the $200 range.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:58 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Location: Pérez Zeledón home of possibly thee most beautiful women in the world.
Elkarlos wrote:
One way ticket from SJO to MCO on JetBlue for June 30th is $650.

Maybe you should do some research then. Looking at travelocity right now, 2 airlines offer one-way, non-stop SJO > MCO for less than $250.

Costa Rica: We make easy, hard........

Hoe Dog koo koo ka choo

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:30 pm 

Done my research wowboy, all a matter of where you are going and when

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 8:55 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Boynton,

Are you and your hovia going back for the 2nd shot in 2-3 weeks? I hope they gave y'all another appointment and can get another decent airfare. Is crazy all the logistics issues going on right now.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 10:08 pm 

Puro Party wrote:
Boynton,

Are you and your hovia going back for the 2nd shot in 2-3 weeks? I hope they gave y'all another appointment and can get another decent airfare. Is crazy all the logistics issues going on right now.

We got J&J so no return visit. The FEMA site in Orlando closes May 25, and they were only administering 2nd shot Pfizer or the one shot J&J for first-timers. We both had reactions (fever, joint pain, injection site rash) that kept us both in bed for one day. Everything has cleared up. This was my first time bringing a Tica to the USA for a visit/vacation. Fortunately she already had the visa and I had the airline miles.

I have been flying MCO/SJO route for 20 years, apart from seasonal fluctuations the costs have been relatively stable but JetBlue dropped half their scheduled flights beginning in April through mid-June and the rates have fluctuated considerably.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 12:44 am 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
That's good to hear Boynton and glad it worked out well.

I did Pfizer/Biontech and the worst thing for me was the sore arm both times. The flu like symptoms with it were much less compared to the regular (non Kung lol) flu vaccine I get annually.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:40 pm 

Spirit Airlines is planning to expand to Miami International Airport later this year, increasing competition among airlines for Florida travelers.

Budget airline Spirit, based in Miramar, Florida, said late Tuesday that it plans to offer flights starting in October 2021 from 30 cities, including New York, Cleveland and Denver. Others include service to Cali and Medellin, Colombia, Port-au-Prince, Haiti and Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:18 pm 

Monica111 wrote:
Hi, I am now an English teacher teaching in Suzhou and the ways you share are quite helpful!

Monica, I'm sure that Iive4play's offer to instruct you in Greek still stands, if you have the yuan.
He is currently out of town, currently orbiting Youranus with Jeff Bezos.