www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:11 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Just returned from 10 days in Costa Rica. As long as you have the Q code and print out a copy of your declaration sheet and policy things go smoothly through customs/immigration. If you have it on your phone, many people had problems with their screen protectors not allowing the qcode to be read. The Canadians got turned around and sent to buy more insurance as Air Canada screwed up and didn't buy the hotel coverage. Biggest problem at the airport was three full planes landed at 9pm and with the driving curfew no private drivers were allowed to be at the airport. Also, by the time all the planes got through no more cabs were available so they had to call in drivers from around the city and only would allow the orange cabs for the airport in not the red general ones. It may have been wise to go across the street and up the entrance area and flag down a red cab but was too tired from the trip to think straight. If you had your salud in order it was so very easy. I don't know what people did to screw it up but obviously many did and got sent away to I don't know where after arguing with officials who only wanted the Q code, your passport, and proof of insurance. Not even any questions about imports. People were bringing in many many bags at a time. Moving home I suppose or relocating once it opened up with no covid test. I took mine as I had paid for it anyway from lets get checked. Passed and had it in time. With Costa Rica nobody can ever assume the rules wouldn't get changed back again with little or no notice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:39 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Sounds like if you got all your i's dotted and t's crossed correctly and that Q Code the process is smooth and any extra delay is very minimal thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:45 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

SteelerJE wrote:
I don't know what people did to screw it up but obviously many did and got sent away to I don't know where after arguing with officials who only wanted the Q code, your passport, and proof of insurance.

Years of traveling has taught me that people will either ignore or fail to understand the most basic instructions even when those instruction are being repeated over and over right in front of them by a human being.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:20 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

SteelerJE wrote:
Just returned from 10 days in Costa Rica. As long as you have the Q code and print out a copy of your declaration sheet and policy things go smoothly through customs/immigration. If you have it on your phone, many people had problems with their screen protectors not allowing the qcode to be read. The Canadians got turned around and sent to buy more insurance as Air Canada screwed up and didn't buy the hotel coverage. Biggest problem at the airport was three full planes landed at 9pm and with the driving curfew no private drivers were allowed to be at the airport. Also, by the time all the planes got through no more cabs were available so they had to call in drivers from around the city and only would allow the orange cabs for the airport in not the red general ones. It may have been wise to go across the street and up the entrance area and flag down a red cab but was too tired from the trip to think straight. If you had your salud in order it was so very easy. I don't know what people did to screw it up but obviously many did and got sent away to I don't know where after arguing with officials who only wanted the Q code, your passport, and proof of insurance. Not even any questions about imports. People were bringing in many many bags at a time. Moving home I suppose or relocating once it opened up with no covid test. I took mine as I had paid for it anyway from lets get checked. Passed and had it in time. With Costa Rica nobody can ever assume the rules wouldn't get changed back again with little or no notice.

As a potential traveler on Air Canada do you know what that screw up was? They claim the insurance covers accommodation during quarantine, but it sounds like something wasn't adequately covered, or documented to the satisfaction of Costa Rica.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:48 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Make sure your passport isn't expired, even celebrity privilege doesn't work

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pau ... 20824.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:39 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Flabuck wrote:

Not related to the passport issue.. but to Paulina Porizkova of the above story. Funny how she says that she not cried as much in her life as the past year. She tries to frame it like it was the passport issue and breaking up with Rick Ocasek.
It's really Rick leaving her out of the will completely

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:06 pm 

sb_boise wrote:
Flabuck wrote:

Not related to the passport issue.. but to Paulina Porizkova of the above story. Funny how she says that she not cried as much in her life as the past year. She tries to frame it like it was the passport issue and breaking up with Rick Ocasek.
It's really Rick leaving her out of the will completely

:roll:

I would readily be a cien boy for her.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:36 pm 

Definitely back in the 80's not now!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:09 am 

That's what Ric Ocasek thought

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:11 am 

Boynton wrote:
That's what Ric Ocasek thought

Ok just saw recent photos, now maybe 20 colones.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:47 am 

I bet you would still eat french fries out of her knickers

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:22 am 

Boynton wrote:
I bet you would still eat french fries out of her knickers

Yes but no upcharges.