www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:49 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I arrived today noon united out of Houston. I boarded in SFO and they ask for code on phone and let me on plane. At Houston, you need to goto counter and have them recheck your code. Do it early as it gets backed up at boarding time...The American side was pretty smooth all things considered. That is the good news.

I would never say anything bad about the CR government. They have always been good to me!

in SJO, I get off plane first and walk to customs 5th in line and have all my papers and code on phone ready. Custom agent says you have to go with this guy...I turn around and I see customs agents herding lots of gingos/visitors back the way we came....Okay, starting to get upset i have to walk over prewalked ground....there is an entire section set up with Sagicor Reps checking paperwork and giving you a "ticket" which says exactly the same thing your printed insurance says...The room is filled with unhappy gringos all asking why....I am really nice to girl because of my expired drivers license...hehehe...and i am in out quickly. I walk back a little terse that i have covered this ground twice before and I see that customs lines are long and completely full now...on the upside, 50% off visitors are being pulled when they get to counter and sent to sagicor room....Every gringo is asking why.... I asked if I could cut, guy said no eventually he did pull me early ahead of 8 people which was nice as rounded that last corner of zig zags.....

at the window the customs agent asked for license and ticket. asked what my purpose was, asked me my profession and asked when I was leaving... o yea, asked me where I was staying. I said:
Retired, The beach away from people with my novia, two weeks.

i was done.

not sure what is going on with re-verifying insurance....if you are walking from one half of the terminal you pass the room. i would duck in and get it checked. If you are walking from the united side you have to ask the customs person immediately if you need to go to room....

Good luck guys. Hopefully they will figure it out in a couple of days!

Glad to be here. Not staying in the gulch this time due to Covid. not staying in Jaco either. Skokka gave me a lot of contacts and i spent 20 hours texting Chicas last 7 days narrowing my list down. Only had one girl that was hot, but using pictures from 5-10 years ago. luckily she was smart enough to send me a recent head shot....whooooaaa weeee....i soon discovered Whatsapp has blocking feature!

I will let you know how the 4-5 smoking hot girls i picked off skokka work out! I put a lot off effort into coddlig the relationships and and making them feel special.

My wingman is coming down in a 3 days and said he was having no luck with skokka. I asked how many texts was he trading. He said, just one or two per girl asking for price and discount and this and that.....

final word guys....I put the time in and I have cultivated 4-5 girls hot chicas that are coming to visit with the expectation that if they perform well and we get along, I will take them to the beach for 3-4 days and take care of them.....Pura Vida

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

Last edited by Californiamann on Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:43 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:38 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Californiamann wrote:
If you have arrived in past week at SJO, can you share what the experience was leaving the plane and through customs to exit?

I will be arriving in two days at SJO and was curious. Plus I have an expired license with temp paper and curious if they actually look at your license in detail :oops: :roll: ...thanks brothers.

To verify the state you live in? that requirement ends this month. Starting the 1st all States are good for entry.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:59 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

If you read the dates in the post carefully he will be arriving before the requirement is lifted

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:05 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I just completed my health form to get my QR code for arrival on October 30 and it doesn't ask about expiration date of ID but does say it must be a current state issued ID. Need not be a drivers license. Seems also not to say a passport is sufficient as they are issued by the federal government rather than the State. You cannot complete the health form to get the code without scanning in your ID and insurance certificate. I am expecting that all of that has been reviewed ahead of time and the QR code tells them if you are good to go or not. I will find out tomorrow.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:38 pm 

I will find out tomorrow and give full report.
Sagicor is cheaper. $11 a day.

This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No advice, tourist or travel promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided compensation (monetary or otherwise) for this potentially entertaining contribution

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:05 pm 

Californiamann wrote:
I will find out tomorrow and give full report.
Sagicor is cheaper. $11 a day.

I'll just be going through Sagicor. The cost isn't exorbitant, and there's much less of a chance of having issues.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:53 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I got mine thru sagicor for my trip next week. $11.30 per day. Not bad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:32 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Just boarded American Airlines in Pittsburgh on first leg to San Jose. Required passport, State Id separate. Plus Qcode from Costa Rica generated from Paseo De Salud. Two employees argued about whether negative Covid still required. Good thing I printed new procedure not requiring Covid results. Also pointed out Qcode could not be generated without submission of what required by Costa Rica. The

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:35 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Just boarded American Airlines in Pittsburgh on first leg to San Jose. Required passport, State Id separate. Plus Qcode from Costa Rica generated from Paseo De Salud. Two employees argued about whether negative Covid still required. Good thing I printed new procedure not requiring Covid results. Also pointed out Qcode could not be generated without submission of what required by Costa Rica. The Insurance I got also was the cheaper Sagicor policy 11 dollars a day for all below age 70

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:37 pm 

Boots on the ground - I edited the OP

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:20 pm 

Californiamann wrote:
not sure what is going on with re-verifying insurance....if you are walking from one half of the terminal you pass the room. i would duck in and get it checked. If you are walking from the united side you have to ask the customs person immediately if you need to go to room....

I do understand your frustrations, but really if all you had for insurance was a piece of paper from your printer with some stuff on it. It wouldn't be that tough for people to fake insurance printouts. All it would take is ONE person to share the document so other people could forge one. They certainly do need a better system.