www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 2:57 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I just booked my first trip to CR and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I booked SL for a quick weekend getaway. I normally go to a little resort in the DR that’s “All Inclusive( including the Chica)” but trying to arrange a quick flight there right now is like an act of congress, Takes almost 20 hours with a minimum of 2 connections (2 out of three airlines via NYC) And found a flight to CR that’s a total of about 6 hours with 1 connection, also about $200 less expensive. I was advised that the scene in CR is a lot like Blackbeard’s in the DR, where you get the chica for a “session”. Trying to figure out how much cash I should plan on taking for a 2 night (Fri & Sat) trip? I’d appreciate any suggestions you veterans might have. Thanks Much

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:06 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

a few quick things for you.

1) get CRT membership and you can pick up the card at Sportsmens. You will save on your room rate as well as bar tab and food tabs.
2) if you have a favorite drink, bring a bottle to the bar. You can pay a fee to the bar and then the bottle is labeled as yours and you just pay for mixers. You can either pack the bottle in your checked bag (safely, I put in a large zip lock bag surrounded by clothes) or get at the airport you leave from or at SJO duty free.
3) It isn't like Blackbeards in the sense the house "provides" the ladies as an FYI. Ladies arrive to look for a guy and to work...so a little different...just an FYI. Everything is between you and the lady; but other than that the scene is pretty much the same. Blackbeards last time I was there (talking a long time ago) there was a mix of ladies (independent and Blackbeard ladies it seemed)
4) as to how much money to bring....how much stamina do you have for the two days. LOL. I would think $1000 is more than enough for just two days and that would be for other things like taxi, tips etc. Also as an FYI, there is a bookie usually there (Rudy) if you want to bet on games being you will be there for a Saturday and College games.

5) Download the following apps (you may already have done due to visits to DR): Google Translate (if you don't speak spanish), Whatsap (common app to communicate with ladies); a currency converter app. Uber: though illegal in CR, you can use to get around. Avoid using at the airport. Arrange with the hotel a driver to pick you up and drop you off at the airport...$35 each way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:20 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

as NYR mentioned a $1000 is a great start bring some smaller crisp Bill's for Tips 1's, 5's etc. Bring some good walking shoes as my 1st CR trip like a dumbass I did not. Read other posts about your phone and wether or not your provider requires you to do anything for international usage, I myself have Sprint and do nothing my iPhone switches on its own.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:15 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

TF74 wrote:
as NYR mentioned a $1000 is a great start bring some smaller crisp Bill's for Tips 1's, 5's etc. Bring some good walking shoes as my 1st CR trip like a dumbass I did not. Read other posts about your phone and wether or not your provider requires you to do anything for international usage, I myself have Sprint and do nothing my iPhone switches on its own.

Tmobile also doesn't require anything extra.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:01 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

For a two night trip I would not over plan. You made a good decision to stay at SL. For me it’s the best bar in SJ to hang out, watch some sports, and chill. And if an interesting chica shows up it’s a short walk to your room.

To better understand the scene and see some of downtown, I would walk to a couple of the recommended MPs, Monicas, HLH. Even if you don’t pull one, you will get a better idea of the options available. They are easy enough to find with google maps. Or very likely you can find someone at the SL bar looking for an excuse to take a walk.

Depending on if it is open, the Del Ray is a required stop when learning the ropes in CR. Watch the board or ask any guy sitting at the SL bar on current status.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:25 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Good decision for 2 nights. Get to Monica’s too.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:47 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Adding to the Apps to download; downloaded maps are great. Unless you pay extra, download through your US plan will work, but is probably 2G. If you are walking around downtown trying to find something the download speed for google maps is glacial. You can wait 5 minutes for what you are used to getting in 1-2 seconds. You can pre download google maps or use a separate App such as CityMaps2Go.

While in SL the wifi is good. I rely on wifi at the usual places and with a little planning ahead never pay for the extra download speed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:03 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for all the tips guy’s. If all works out, this might become my go to place instead of the DR. I’m Flying in from MS and this is about a 6 hour total transit vs the DR is now about 18-22 hr Transit (requiring an overnight in NYC) For a 5 night trip to the DR, normally costs me about $4k (not including air). Somebody suggested Monicas; Is that a MP? And what is a Pension Place? Only place I’ve been to is the DR and I really didn’t know other places like this existed till my last trip, and one of the other guests said i should check out CR & Columbia. Looking Forward to my quick trip 11/6-8.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 10:50 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Troublemaker256 wrote:
Somebody suggested Monicas; Is that a MP? And what is a Pension Place?

No, more a brothel. Pension is basically a Brothel.

As for phone, I was starting to type to check with your carrier, but you said you have traveled internationally before. I use AT&T and it costs $10 per day surcharge to use in CR and then my normal usage/rates apply for phone, data and texts.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:55 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

The quick explanation is at SL the girls are independent. You negotiate entirely with them, price, time, special requests. Then you go back to your own hotel room. SL not involved in any way except running a hotel and restaurant/bar that allows adults to make consensual agreements.

At an MP or Pension there will be a set price structure that includes the in-house room for the set amount of time. The MP takes a cut for renting the room for an hour. CR law does not allow someone to profit from someone else selling sex; pimping or running a brothel. Therefore the house cut is for room rental. An MP operates essentially like a brothel, but a brothel would be illegal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:34 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Great explanation Bulldog very well put. I will also recommend when negotiating you tell the girl upfront what it is your looking for in your session from my experience I find this is always better to ask out upfront what it is she will or won't do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:32 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Well, I am able to get away from work Wed. Morning, instead of Friday; contacted Sagicor changed my start date, changed my flight (no change fee) and got my QR code, so now I’m gonna arrive a little after midnight Thursday Morning and get another day of my first (I hope of many) Experiences in CR. Started to plan a couple of things, but after reading some posts, I think I’ll just “go with the flow” and let things transpire naturally. Staying at SL, but any other restaurants/bars you guys recommend I try? Thanks for all the great info in the forums here.

Last edited by Troublemaker256 on Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:51 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Troublemaker256 wrote:
Well, I am able to get away from work Wed. Morning, instead of Friday; contacted Sagicor changed my start date, changed my flight (no change fee), so now I’m gonna arrive a little after midnight Thursday Morning and get another day of my first (I hope of many) Experiences in CR. Started to plan a couple of things, but after reading some posts, I think I’ll just “go with the flow” and let things transpire naturally. Staying at SL, but any other restaurants/bars you guys recommend I try? Thanks for all the great info in the forums here.

If you like cigars come visit The Havana Humidor Room