www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:17 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I plan on visiting a gringo friend of mine who married tica and lives in San Isidro de General. Has anyone visited the place and has information? Are there places there like San Jose? Any advice welcome

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 5:52 pm 
I have been there a few times. It is a regional center about 3 hours from San Jose over the cero del muerte. I drove it 6 times be careful when passing ( and pass you must) and drive it in the daylight. San Isidro is in an valley surrounded by big mountains and is warmer than San Jose maybe 85 or so. It is an agricultural area. I would think your friends Tica could introduce you to some of her friends. I was told by an artist who lives on the coast that the place is filled with single women. He goes there with his friends to find women and always has been lucky. I do not know about places but if all else fails sit in the central park and check out the Ticas and chat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:42 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I haven't been there myself but have also been interested in making the trip (mainly to enjoy the scenery :) ). I made an inquiry about this a while back and I think it was ElJefe who sent me this info (sorry if I got the credit wrong):
Quote:
A side note on San Isidro: You will notice that the streets are filled with beautiful ladies. Most are shy, and, as this is a blue collar town in which everybody knows everybody, you have to utilize a more traditional approach to meeting them (cafes, stores, at the park, etc.) Not all cabbies are savvy nor approving of mongering, but if you can find a "supplier" your expectations wil be fulfilled to your wildest dreams (total GFE).

PM me if you want more info on this area or Dominical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:26 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

rider

San Isidro is a large small town, and everybody is a least somewhat familiar with everybody else. There's not a lot of tourists, so strangers that place themselves within the local area for any length of time are noticable. Whole lotta Christianity in San Isidro (mostly Catholic), so the moral bar is up and discretion is advised. BUT, I,and my buddies, have had some remakable experiences with ladies from this locale. In this particular venue classy, respectful behavior and appearance will carry you a long way. There are NO traditional monger joints. Guys like Atroglide and Jazz would enjoy this type of hunt (I think), as the game is timid and wary on the onset, but loaded with pent-up epicurean release upon capture.
By the way, zman, is your artist friend a Yugoslav madman named Sasha from Dominical? I know this particular dude, and he is indeed one unique, righteous (in his own mind), and outrageous monger. I've spent many a time just hoping to survive being with him.