www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:03 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Hi All I got this from a South Florida Travel Agency I use, I can't vouch for it but if you're interested......Admin 1, hope this is all right.

TICO TRAVEL
UPCOMING EVENT!
A Letter from Boomer Esiason

The 2004 Costa Rica Classic Invitational Billfish Tournament is scheduled for March19-21, in Quepos, Costa Rica. Thanks to sponsors, anglers, donors and volunteers, this event promises to be one of Costa Rica's premiere fishing events. The proceeds of this year's tournament will help fight cystic fibrosis, a genetic disease that my 11 year old son Gunnar was diagnosed with in 1992. That year, my wife Cheryl and I vowed to do what ever was necessaryto raise money to fight this deadly disease. The Boomer EsiasonFoundation was started soon after my son's diagnosis and thus farhas raised over $22,000,000 toward fighting CF, primarily through special events like the Costa Rica Classic. Since we began raising funds for CF research we have seen many improvements in the lives of those people who have this disease. For example the average lifespan for a person with CF has increased from 26 to 31 years old since 1992. At present there are over 42 drugs in the pipeline thatmay one day help people with CF enjoy a greater quality of life and further increase their life span. Although much progress has been made in fighting this disease, muchmore needs to be done. I am writing this letter today to ask foryour help. Please take a look at the sponsorship packet that is included with this letter. We have tailored this sponsorship proposal to accommodate almost all budget levels. I hope you will join us in making this event one our most popular cystic fibrosis fundraisers. Our fight against cystic fibrosis takes us to the beautiful fishing village of Quepos, Costa Rica often called the "Sailfishcapital of the world". Make sure while visiting Quepos, you take in Manuel Antonio National Park, which was discovered by Spanish explorer Ponce de Leon in 1519. It is one of the most photographed national parks in Costa Rica and is reported to haveover 109 species of mammals and over 184 species of birds. When you add it all up, great fishing, fantastic scenery, fun times and avery important cause, I am confident that this is an event you'llwant to be a part of now and in years to come. Warmest Regards and TightLines, Boomer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HOW CAN I BECOME A PART OF THIS EVENT?
Its simple! Just give us a call at 1-800-493-8426 and ask for Tami. She can go over all the event info and what you need to do in order to get you and your group organized and ready to go. The entry fees are $500 per angler and $200 for non-anglers. Why not make a vacation out of it with family and friends and spend a few extra days relaxing & exploring Manuel Antonio. Give us a call today so we can get you booked!

Learn more...

Package Information
Please take a look at our website to review the package descriptions and rates for the event. You will also be able to find out about the tournament rules, awards and boats that are still available! Sign up today and help the fight against Cystic Fibrosis!

Check it out now...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We thank all of you for your continued support and we look foward to seeing each of you in Costa Rica to help in the fight against Cystic Fibrosis. PURA VIDA
Sincerely,

Tico Travel
Tico Travel

email: tico@ticotravel.com
voice: 954-493-8426
web: http://www.ticotravel.com