www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jaco beach help
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 7:25 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Is their any nice places to stay in Jaco? I need names of hotels and contact info I want to spend a day (overnight) their. How is the action compared to San Jose? All vets please help me

Blitz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:22 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Blitz,
You should really do a search before asking a question like that. Some of the fellas might get upset for not doing your homework. :lol:

But I'll help you out. First off, I assume you know that Jaco is the hottest place on Earth. :( The humidity was unbearable for me. The chica action is not nearly as good as San Jose. During the day, it's virtually non-existent, from what I saw. I have read about guys finding chicas during the day though. With that humidity and temps, you don't want to be out looking for pu*sy during the day anyway. At night, the humidity still sucks, and there's really only one place to go, Beatle Bar. At like 9:30-10:00 on most nights (Monday sucked), it gets pretty packed. There is a good selection of chicas and, of course, the price starts at $100/hr but can be talked down some. I didn't see anything happening at Monkey Bar.

As for hotels, I stayed at Paradise Hotel. It's a budget type of place. It's $35/night. I would not stay there again. Although the staff is very helpful, I like to have a little more in my hotels. The Copacabana has gotten good reviews, I will try it my next time. No chica fee at Paradise, I think Copa charges a small fee (not sure though). There are a few other hotels that I don't know much about. Do a search.

Hope that helps.

-Orange

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:42 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I like to stay around the corner from Jaco at Hermosa beach there is some pretty nice hotels with ac there and the beach is really nice and much better waves than in Jaco. You can try http://terrazadelpacifico.com/es/index.htm or http://centralamerica.com/cr/hotel/backyard.htm
I have stayed at the terraza del pacifico I liked it but i think the bar is way better at the backyard when i went to check it out there was alot of girls hanging around and they had some state of the art DJ alot of locals come here to party on ladies nite.
if you dont have a rental car a taxi to Jaco is only a few dollars
surfdog

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:41 am 

I've stayed at the Terraza del Pacifico too and would also recommend it, particularly if you like to surf.

Hermosa Beach is a beautiful (hence its name) black sand beach that is also known as "BoomBoom Beach" because of the way the waves break (left) against the rocks towards that end of the beach near the hotel. You can hear them pounding at night. I wouldn't recommend the area near the hotel for swimming or inexperienced surfers. That part of the beach itself is also narrow and the sand stays wet between tides, making it less than ideal for laying on. However, they have a nice pool and a lounge deck from which you can watch the surfers. They even light up the beach after dark for night surfing. And if you prefer easier surf conditions or want to swim or just lay on the sand you can walk a little ways down the beach. IMHO, overall this beach beats Jaco's beach hands down. The big trade off is that you're not within walking distance from the Beatle Bar and other Jaco shops and businesses. I had a rental car and had no problem driving back from Jaco after dark along the slightly curvy but smooth road in about 5-10 minutes and of course cabs are always an option for those that don't like to take even that "risk".

After I posted this, I decided to check out those websites just out of curiousity. The Backyard was about $110-115/nt and the Terraza was between $92-107/nt depending on the season. DAMN, when I stayed there the Terrazo was probably about $30/nt less. Unless your into surfing, at those prices, or unless you can find a more reasonably priced Hermosa Beach cabina, I'd probably opt instead for one of the CRT sponsor hotels in town. Copacabana only costs $69/nt and I believe the Paradiso is similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:32 pm 

Hotel Tangeri is still my favorite place for proximty to the BB, Monkey Bar, centrally located in town, decent rooms/prices, service, grounds, and no chica fees.
http://www.hoteltangeri.com/index.html