www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:50 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

After my first trip back in Dec 2020, now I am planning to go back and try the normal dating scene in San Jose area. I signed up at this cupid site and so far am having good success contacting ticas and starting a convo. I am going back Feb 25 for 4 days to see if couple of hook-ups will transpire. Otherwise the gulch scene is always there. Any suggestions on the dating scene and the general attitude of non-whore type of ticas towards Gringos?? I can see from their profiles that these ticas are quite insecure and trying to better their lives by hooking up with someone who is financially secured and can eventually marry them to bring them back home. In reality I am seriously thinking of moving to Costa Rica as an Expat so the later is not in my plans. Any suggestions from the expats and pros are much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:25 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

1. You wont find "normal" dating on Cupid, Seeking, Badoo, or Tinder. Just part-timers to shy or lazy to work the regular venues. On Cupid especially they are looking for RFM daddies.

2. You wont find "normal" dating unless you speak Spanish.

3. You wont find "normal" dating unless you visit 12+ times a year or live here.

4. If you speak Spanish AND live here, your "normal" date will be within 5 years of your age and 10% of your body weight. They will have Ch*ldren and a large extended family. Your resources will be viewed as "shared" and is the case in most Latin families.

YBNormal?

Visit often, learn as much Spanish as you can, develop non-mongering interests and you might develop contacts and friendships that rarely turn into discrete arrangements. Most likely, you will develop gringo friends and a separate contact list filled with p4p local chicas that would never see a tourist. I didn't make the rules, I just play by them.