www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: must see?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:45 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I'm making my first trip to SJ and spending a few days in Jaco as well next month. Never been to this beautiful country, but after some hard saving hoping it'll be worth it. In your opinion what are the must see/do activities aside from hobbying? I'm looking to do a few activities, maybe not full day ones, but also ones that won't break the bank since i'm on a bit of a budget. any info is appreciated.

Post subject: Re: must see?
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:04 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

gdeffer wrote:
I'm making my first trip to SJ and spending a few days in Jaco as well next month. Never been to this beautiful country, but after some hard saving hoping it'll be worth it. In your opinion what are the must see/do activities aside from hobbying? I'm looking to do a few activities, maybe not full day ones, but also ones that won't break the bank since i'm on a bit of a budget. any info is appreciated.

Many national parks within driving distance that can kill a day for under $15. Should rent a car

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:07 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Since it's rainy season I would definitely recommend taking a whitewater rafting trip. You'll see a lot of scenery and have a great time. Most hotels have brochures that will point you to some tour operators. Most offer door to door transportation.

Good rivers to try are the Sarapiqui, Pacuare and
Reventazon. All day trips with lunch should be less than $100.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 8:01 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

The 3n1 tour that visits Doka Coffee Plantation, Poas Volcano National Park, and La Paz Waterfall Gardens is a day well spent for a first timer. It usually includes both breakfast and lunch.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:03 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Anybody know what time a tour such as this would get you back to your hotel? I typically stay in the gulch area, but I will have a newbee or two in tow when I visit this November. I thought I'd like to finally go out and see some sites for a change, and this sounds like exactly what I need to satisfy me and my friends.

Hoping we would be back in time to take a nap and shower before heading out to party that night.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:42 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

This one should bring you back in dinner time. Somewhere between 4-6 depending on traffic etc. but you will have to wake up early. 6 or so.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 1:38 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

1. Ziplining (Canopy tour)
2. Arenal volcano
3. ATV riding in the mountains

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:00 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Jay2ee wrote:
The 3n1 tour that visits Doka Coffee Plantation, Poas Volcano National Park, and La Paz Waterfall Gardens is a day well spent for a first timer. It usually includes both breakfast and lunch.

This right here. However the Poas Volcano was closed (July 5) due to it being active. Just find another volcano park to visit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:36 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Mkink wrote:
gdeffer wrote:

Many national parks within driving distance that can kill a day for under $15. Should rent a car

under $15? where exactly?