www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tarpon Fishing
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:58 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Costa Rica is the destination for the best tarpon fishing in the world. Early this week I took my son for two days fishing at Barra de Colorado. The weather was great and fishing was fantastic. It took a couple hours the first day to locate them but once we did the action was non stop. We had fish on with regularity and landed a half dozen. I had one on briefly that weighed close to 200 lbs. There is nothing like having one jump 50 feet away. It is the most exciting fishing I have experienced in a lifetime of enjoying the sport. To fish there first class contact MM3 on the forum and fish out of Silver King Lodge.

I have connections there for an economy trip that includes seeing the local sites and getting a taste of the local culture. This is the most exhilarating side trip you can make in Costa Rica in my opinion.

Post subject: Re: Tarpon Fishing
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:09 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Wish we could post pictures and video here.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:34 pm 

MM3 wrote:
Wish we could post pictures and video here.

If anyone wants pictures or video they can pm either myself or MM3.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:16 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I can't agree more with Pops about Silver King Lodge in Barra del Colorado. The Tarpon fishing is first class. I was there this last February and am scheduled again for Feb 2018.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:34 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Pops wrote:
I have connections there for an economy trip that includes seeing the local sites and getting a taste of the local culture.

Sounds great. I have taken boats from Los Suenos to go fishing in Costa Rica, it's pricy. Would be interesting to know what one would spent on the Caribbean side.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:21 pm 

Made another trip to Barra with my son and a friend around the first week in October, when Hurricane Nate was passing through Costa Rica. The drop in barometric pressure must have really turned them on. In one day we had 28 hookups and released nine at the boat. At times the fishing was so fast that a fish would hit, jump and throw the jig and another would take it almost instantly. The hurricane dumped several feet of water on the central valley and pacific side and we barely got a sprinkle. One of the best days of fishing I have ever had in my life.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:26 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

It was amazing that week. I wish you'd stopped by.

I wish I could post pictures in this area.

Any opinion or observation in the post above is purely presented for entertainment purposes and does not promote "sexual tourism" or "human trafficking". The laws of Costa Rica apply to all activities in Costa Rica. No warranty is expressed or implied. Void where prohibited by law. Your experience, observations or perspective may be different.

In exile in pu*sy prison