www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jet Skiing
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:01 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Anyone know where I would find a place where I can rent a jet ski. Somewhere near san jose. I could make it into a day trip at the beach. Idk if they have any at manuel antonio. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Jet Skiing
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:12 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I rented two of them in Manuel Antonio for $50 each for half an hour. May not sound like a long time but half hour going full speed early in the morning when the water is less choppy was enough.

I rented from the guys that have a tent on the beach.

* RENT but, "Don't Buy a Home in Costa Rica" until you have lived here for THREE years.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:05 pm 

It's getting harder and harder to find jet ski rentals even in places like Jaco. Talked to an owner of a ATV place that used to rent jet skis and said it was a losing deal with all the times people turned them over in the surf which forced a change of oil/gas and thorough cleaning. He claims people can't ride in surf.... :lol:

I do know there is a place that rents them and puts you on them at Los Suenos where it is protected from big surf.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:06 pm 

Puravidatransport wrote:
It's getting harder and harder to find jet ski rentals even in places like Jaco. Talked to an owner of a ATV place that used to rent jet skis and said it was a losing deal with all the times people turned them over in the surf which forced a change of oil/gas and thorough cleaning. He claims people can't ride in surf.... :lol:

I do know there is a place that rents them and puts you on them at Los Suenos where it is protected from big surf.

Years ago I rented a couple of jet skis at the Los Suenos resort. It was for an hour or two. We had a 'guide' go with us. We went up the coast, and stopped at a small waterfall. Never had any problems with the surf.
I also rented a couple of jet skis in Quepos/Manuel Antonio. It was a better experience than the one at Los Suenos. As I was staying at hotel El Parador, I rented it thru them. I think many of the hotels in the area could arrange rentals. We departed from the old pier, where the new marina is now. We went south, around the islands near the National Park. The 'tour' lasted for an hour or two. We even stopped at a secluded beach and took a swim. It was great :)

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)