www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 12:06 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I'm planning on spending three to four weeks in the Quepos area or about an hour or so from Jaco. During that time I want to fish about every other day. I'd like to find a fishing guide who can teach me how to fish in that area but won't charge me the full price. It would be great if he could give me a deal for the 3 or 4 weeks. I prefer to have a English speaking guide if possible. Appreciate any suggestions, thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:15 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

What kind of fishing are you planning on doing? Surf fishing, bottom fishing, offshore fishing, fly fishing rivers?

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:06 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I'd like to do off-shore fishing mainly and some bottom fishing as well.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:39 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Best guy I know for inshore stuff out of Quepos is Riccardo Puliti. His website is http://idrafishing.com/ and phone number is 506-8881-9494 or 506-2777-1774. Only problem is he has a smaller boat with only one motor that really isn't appropriate for offshore stuff. If you have no luck with him, contact Dan Ross. He books more out of Jaco but seems to know every captain on the Pacific coast. His website is http://drsportfishingcostarica.com/

Fishing in Costa Rica is not cheap since gas prices are so high (diesel is $3.40 a gallon while gas (super) is $4.35) not to mention docking fees, sports-fishing fees, boat taxes, cost of boats and a lot more... Good luck and hope you can find a good charter!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 4:50 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks for the suggestions. I talked with Riccardo and Dan and they both were very helpful.
I learned that for one person to rent a charter boat for as many days as I want to fish is too expensive.
So, a different plan is to find a fisherman with a boat who goes out regularly in the Los Suenos, Jaco or Quepos area and pay for his gas and then some.
Does anyone know someone like this?

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 6:05 pm 

i sent you a pm

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:54 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I am in need of a Big Surf Rod and a good reel. I want to do some surf fishing from the shore. it would be nice to find some good tackle and Line. I live in Jaco, but will travel North or South anytime. I would Like to do some good bottom fishing, any information would be helpful. thank you.

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:55 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Puravidatransport wrote:
Best guy I know for inshore stuff out of Quepos is Riccardo Puliti. His website is http://idrafishing.com/ and phone number is 506-8881-9494 or 506-2777-1774. Only problem is he has a smaller boat with only one motor that really isn't appropriate for offshore stuff. If you have no luck with him, contact Dan Ross. He books more out of Jaco but seems to know every captain on the Pacific coast. His website is http://drsportfishingcostarica.com/

Fishing in Costa Rica is not cheap since gas prices are so high (diesel is $3.40 a gallon while gas (super) is $4.35) not to mention docking fees, sports-fishing fees, boat taxes, cost of boats and a lot more... Good luck and hope you can find a good charter!

I am in need of a Big Surf Rod and a good reel. I want to do some surf fishing from the shore. it would be nice to find some good tackle and Line. I live in Jaco, but will travel North or South anytime. I would Like to do some good bottom fishing, any information would be helpful. thank you.

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:39 am 

For surf rods there are 3 good fishing stores in san jose
Gilca, close to clinica biblica, it is on opposite side of street from pension argentina.
Deportes keko, close to hospital de los ninos, his prices on tackle are the best but reels are overpriced.
Purapesca, close to ucimed sabana.
Quepos has a fishing store as well a block north from musmani.

There used to be an expat in jaco that was doing surf fishing tours he was charging about 100$, surf casting using live mullet. I never went with him and i cant find his business card but im sure if you ask around in jaco you can locate him.