www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CARTAGO
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:53 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

this is a nice town to go visit that is less than an hour by bus or train. It has pleasant parks, an old church ruin and the Basilica de La Virgen de Los Angeles which is a beautiful church about 500m from the center of town. Lots of little bars around the train station. I took the train back to San Jose, cost of 550 colones, takes a little less than an hour and stops at the Estacion del Atlantico, which is on the Parque Nacional very close to DR, LA, and SL.

Post subject: Re: CARTAGO
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:42 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Cartago also is home to the Costa Rica Craft brewery and they have samples, tours etc. Call ahead to arrange the tour...samples are almost always available. Very good beer, a bit more expensive than the normal Imperial lager beer sold everywhere. Sportsman has had it on tap since super bowl 2010, but the girls will often seem unaware of it....I order as la cerveza de cartago....ora ale y rojo ale.....cruda, and finally point at the tap handle after they set an Imperial in front of me,,,jajajajaja got to love costa rica

Post subject: Re: CARTAGO
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:08 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Zabu wrote:
Cartago also is home to the Costa Rica Craft brewery and they have samples, tours etc. Sportsman has had it on tap since super bowl 2010, but the girls will often seem unaware of it....I order as la cerveza de cartago....ora ale y rojo ale

It is a good beer for those that like a hoppier brew. I like the red as well and and was shocked to see it in the Sportsman in January of 2013. I asked for a sample and then proceded to drink the 1/6 barrel keg in two days. Granted I turned some other guys staying there onto it, but I would say out of the 40 glasses of beer in the keg I probably drank 65% of them in the 2 days. Not many places carry beer on tap in costa rica so I was surprised when I saw the kegerator at Bills.