www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Motorcycle tours
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:07 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

saw something like this on the travel channel a while back.. wondering if any of you guys have done this.
http://www.motoadventuring.com/index.php

Post subject: Re: Motorcycle tours
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:24 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Torro Rosso wrote:
saw something like this on the travel channel a while back.. wondering if any of you guys have done this.

That's looks like a lot of fun..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:55 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

PetRoto wrote:
Torro Rosso wrote:

That's looks like a lot of fun..

Yeah, looks quite pricey but wtf, i'm gonna be on vacation.. just don't want to do another lame atv tour.. if they have good equipment and you can shred a bit it's one thing but whenever i take those, it's usually follow the leader and they are stopping to fix the slow, old, very basic atv's all the time.. im not taking about the one's in CR but other places I've been (Cabo, Cancun and others).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:56 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I know a few years ago, the old "White House" hotel - now called the "Bachelor Mansion" - had Harleys, and rented them out - located in San Antonio de Escazu (about 20 - 30 min's from SJ) may be worth a call or visit to their web site to see if they still offer them - honestly have no idea what their story is now, but may be an option worth checking out.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:15 pm 

In November went on a 200k all day ride with WildRider, http://www.wild-rider.com/ and had a blast. I rode an XR250 which was a great bike but no powerhouse. The other options were a DR400 or DR600. Was just me and the guide for the day. They will tailor the ride to meet your needs or you can just rent the bike and take off on your own. I didn't do that as the roads in San Jose itself are a rats maze at best and clogged were clogged with traffic when we returned. Left at 630 am and got back in around 430 pm. Rode alot of dirt roads and some single track up to Irazu Volcano and out through Cartago and back in through the mountains. The other option was to head to the beach on back roads if it was dry. I did it during rainy season.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:54 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Scuba1 wrote:
I know a few years ago, the old "White House" hotel - now called the "Bachelor Mansion" - had Harleys, and rented them out - located in San Antonio de Escazu (about 20 - 30 min's from SJ) may be worth a call or visit to their web site to see if they still offer them - honestly have no idea what their story is now, but may be an option worth checking out.

Appreciate the info!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:55 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

SteelerJ wrote:
In November went on a 200k all day ride with WildRider, http://www.wild-rider.com/ and had a blast. I rode an XR250 which was a great bike but no powerhouse. The other options were a DR400 or DR600. Was just me and the guide for the day. They will tailor the ride to meet your needs or you can just rent the bike and take off on your own. I didn't do that as the roads in San Jose itself are a rats maze at best and clogged were clogged with traffic when we returned. Left at 630 am and got back in around 430 pm. Rode alot of dirt roads and some single track up to Irazu Volcano and out through Cartago and back in through the mountains. The other option was to head to the beach on back roads if it was dry. I did it during rainy season.

sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! Thanks for the info!
TR

Edit: Dang.. just got off the phone with Wild-Rider and you need a valid Motorcycle License. I ride off road so don't have one.. if there is a workaround anyone knows about hit me back asap!
TR

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:00 pm 

Torro Rosso wrote:
SteelerJ wrote:

TR

Edit: Dang.. just got off the phone with Wild-Rider and you need a valid Motorcycle License. I ride off road so don't have one.. if there is a workaround anyone knows about hit me back asap!
TR

Are you already in Costa Rica? If not, check out your local DMV, often times, you can take a weekend class to get your motorcycle license. For example, in Chicago, said class is offered by UIC.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:06 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

PetRoto wrote:
Torro Rosso wrote:
SteelerJ wrote:

TR

TR

Are you already in Costa Rica? If not, check out your local DMV, often times, you can take a weekend class to get your motorcycle license. For example, in Chicago, said class is offered by UIC.

I'm still in California.. I believe you have to take a motorcycle "safety" class (which are usually weekend classes as you said), then make an appointment to take the written test.. then another one to do the riding test.. I may be wrong since it's been 10-12 yrs since I looking into getting a motorcycle license.. anyway.. just don't have the time to get it all done.. next time for sure.. I talked to the guy at wildride and there's not "workaround" .. he's saying the cops are cracking down on non-licensed riders right now. bummer.. but thanks for the info!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:36 am 

Torro Rosso wrote:
PetRoto wrote:
Torro Rosso wrote:
TR

TR

I'm still in California.. I believe you have to take a motorcycle "safety" class (which are usually weekend classes as you said), then make an appointment to take the written test.. then another one to do the riding test.. I may be wrong since it's been 10-12 yrs since I looking into getting a motorcycle license.. anyway.. just don't have the time to get it all done.. next time for sure.. I talked to the guy at wildride and there's not "workaround" .. he's saying the cops are cracking down on non-licensed riders right now. bummer.. but thanks for the info!

I'm not sure how it is in California, but in Chicago, if you pass the workshop, it counts as the riding test. And you can just show up at the DMV for the written test.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:39 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hi Guys,

We will probably advertise here again although it will be a little different ;)
My Bro 'Cary' and I have left our business the ATV tours in San Jose and Jaco Beach, but are now focused in providing the best possible booking of motorized tours as we demand from them our quality. Our main business is now real estate and software solutions, but we still keep in touch with our clients and hope to give them the best ATV experience here in Costa Rica without getting ripped off, yes i am afraid you have to watch out for that now.. We never charged damages to the ATV's after crashes as we saw it as our mistake, and besides we had full insurance ;) but there are a bunch of ATV centers out there now who will ask for your credit card and get you to sign an open voucher.. They then put you on a crappy ATV so you either lose spare parts or make an accident :( Not cool !!! Trust me you get the bill and it will be pricy...

To the forum managers will get in touch soon for some advertisements :)
The old link to our website is here some where.. still 10% off for CRT members

Greetzz Rick and big Bro Cary

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:53 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

SteelerJ wrote:

[Dutch Humor // read with heavy doses of sarcasm]

When I had my ATV center in Jaco beach ParaisoCostaRica I made sure the traffic police was on my side ;) Yes pay offs left and right but they left me alone the best pay offs where a couple of six packs at the end of the week ;) I tried not to give them money but food and drinks. I guess the ATV operators there right now or just to cheap / greedy... I feel sorry for the poor traffic police, I would help them if I had time :P I'm sure they miss me...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:46 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

lindseynicole010 wrote:
The Property managers on around the country have a wide and large array of responsibilities. There are property managers for retirement properties, rental properties, as well as apartment complexes. The Property management software as well as real estate software products can be very effective in completing to these responsibilities. These products are present in different brands as well as designs. The Unit Connect is one of the great and best resources in the time of it comes to real estate software.
Thanks& regards,
Lindsey Nicole
Real Estate Software in Lucknow |Real Estate Software Lucknow

how much for anal?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:12 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Col Ingus wrote:
how much for anal?

I think that is covered under the back door policy. Also if you have lots of friends you should opt in for the revolving door policy.