www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:08 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Posted this in the general section, but realized this is probably a better spot. I'm spending a week in GULFITO on business would like any and all info on any good spots for meeting Tica's plus general info about the area. Please please please help me out here - I can't find anything useful on my internet searches.

thanks a bunch,

Priapism

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 5:54 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I don't know if you realized this or not but if you scrow down this section "Non-Gulch Activities", you should see this post "Golfito????" by ME with a couple of responses. The information is right there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:31 pm 
From my recent trip to Golfito and surrounding areas, Tamales (a club) downtown, on the weekend had some very cute girls. Also, if you can take a boat over to Puerto Jimenz there was a pretty fun discotech. Aside from that, Golfito isn't really a bastion of fun and excitment, although I enjoyed my stay and it was relaxing.

Post subject: Golfito
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:52 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Golfito is a beautiful beach/tropical mountain setting which is great for fishing but otherwise pretty sleepy. I would advise taking the chica of choice with you. There is a duty free area here which if open can provide some excellent deals on booze, electronics, etc tax free, also it is close to the border with Panama which also provides the duty free situation. A word of caution, if you haven't travelled extensively out of the SJ area or towards borders, BE SURE the chica has a legitimate cedula/passport with current stamps, because you will be checked on the way back. There are about five checkpoints between Golfito and San Jose and they check IDs and purchase receipts for tax purposes. My taxista was even afraid they would nail him for one bottle of Panamanian beer we boughjt in the no mans zone. Golfito is for fishing, not hunting.

Goetz