www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:22 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Guys, CostaKid added a website to "a link guide to Costa Rica" in the general information section which you can print online coupons for discounts on hotels, auto rental, restaurants, tours, etc. Check out the "Cupotico" link. I printed a few for my upcoming trip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 1:49 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Dude, don't get too excited. I don't think i'd eat in any of those restaurants except maybe Gran Escape in Quepos. As for the shop discounts - it's no big deal cause everything in C.R. is negotiable.

Most of the really good or popular restaurants don't need any coupon gimmicks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:27 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

¡Verdad! muchas gracias crmarcos for the original idea regarding negotiating for a better deal !!! Now that I and the rest of the board members know we can negotiate, we are all not just excited, but overwhelmingly excited. Now we can all use a coupon on top of getting a better price negotiating and do even better!! ¡chará!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 10:51 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Pachuco has a point why not use the discount already offered by the coupons as a basis of your negotiations. One might do better, but one shouldn't do any worse. The infamous "soprano discount" was really no better than the standard discount offered in the CR newspaper. Also, I would have to differ with your view that the better restaurants do not need to offer any coupons. When tourism is off due to the time of year or the economy in general all businesses suffer and become amenable to working deals. For example, when I was staying at the Hotel Don Carlos this past Thanksgiving, I took advantage of a 10% off coupon the hotel was offering for the Cafe El Mundo, arguably one of San Jose's better restaurants.

Actually, I just checked it out and the coupons included several for businesses mentioned around here including 10% of all meals at Lukas in El Pueblo and El Chandelier in Escazu (which makes it still VERY expensive). It also included a free table dance at Tango India. And it offered 10% of the rack rates at the Presidente, though I'm not sure how that compares to the CRT discount. In Jaco, it offers 15% off the Wednesday night all-you-can-eat lobster fest at El Hicaco (which Pirate just listed as the best restaurant in Jaco) if you arrive before 7PM. And in Quepos it offers 10% off all meals at El Gran Escape. I don't know if these will end up saving anybody any money in the end, but I appreciate Pachuco's thinking about his fellow mongers and at least trying to help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 2:20 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Damn...three of my favorite restaurants in CR! Lukas, Gran Escape, and
El Hicaco! Where are those coupons?!!!!

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly mobile, and the rest of us are phucked until we can put our acts together; not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely"...Hunter S. Thompson (RIP)