www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Combo tours
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 12:16 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Has anyone ever done the ( package tour) where you do volcano, drive through rain forest, visit coffee fields, and traverse tree tops all in one day? Is it worth it? ALso, Kosher loved cafe brit and brough back much, is there a better bean to buy, especially as gifts??

KosherCowboy: Studies Puntarenas now as a possible secondary destination

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:13 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

YO K.C.
The package tour is okay if you have time on your hands but a long day especially for older farts like me.
Why would Puntarenas be on your next list of visits? The only time I wouldcare to be in that place is quickly through and on the way to Tamarindo. Seriously, I think there are a number of better places to visit unless you have been to them already. Good to see your interest in seeing the country.....anumber of things to see.

Post subject: Hola
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:24 pm 

Kosher ' konsiders' it solely because he wants to egt away from san jose for a day or two, already went to jaco, and heard from some other mongers on another site that puntarenas has some ' not so crowded and overpopulated places' that seem to have cheap pu$$y. Kosher is trying to get mroe info from them before he decides, but with 6 days in CR and one in the rapis and one doing a combo tour, kosher may never leave SJ.

KosherCowboy: Heads to CR 10 lbs lighter than in December having been running 3-5 miles a day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:33 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Good for your weight loss, buddy.
Yes, running will do it and helps the back, heart and everything else too.
I need to follow your example.

About trips,

A friend took the all day package tour you mentioned, and liked it.

I recently toured the Tortuguero canals in the National Park there and really liked it a lot. It is a full day tour. January thru April is the coolest time to go there. If you or any other member wants some photos of the tour, just private mail me your e-mail address.

-Ace

Post subject: another all day tour
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:37 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Hey KC
In January I took the 4 in 1 tour that included Paos Volcano/Butterfly&Hummingbird sanctuary/River cruise and Rainforest
12 Hour day but with breakfast and lunch included it was excellent VFM.
Booked thru tour desk ay Presidente.If I remember it was $75 all in.
Highly recommended.
Just a thought and another option for you to consider.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:06 pm 

Koshercowboy,

I have done the "all in one day" tour but not with a tour group. There were four of us and going with the tour group takes too long and you have to wait for everybody else. So we decided it would be cheaper to rent a taxi and travel at our own pace. This was a couple of years ago and we paid the taxi about US$80 plus bought him lunch and drinks. Also, we had our own cooler that was full of Cervezas, softdrinks and snacks. It was great because when we are done sight seeing at one place we all just got back in the taxi and head out to next location. The driver even negotiated for us our own little boat to cruise the river. We had plenty of time to get back to San Jose and enjoyed a nice massage after a long day of sight seeing. :D 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:11 pm 

YO KC:
Just when are you traveling to CR? Let me suggest you might PM a close friend of mine, CRdreamin. He has taken many of the tours and is quite versed in visiting various townships in CR. I think he was trying to see how many towns and villages he could bag a Tica in. Probably lost count.

Post subject: Muchas Gracias
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 7:18 pm 

Kosher thanks all for responses, kosher is going to do the all day all in one tour with the girl working at Presidente and a white water raft trip ( max possible # of difficulty, hopefully 4-5's). That will be 2 days out of 6, the other 4 will be spent roaming around San Jose and trying out a few new massage places. Cindy at oasis is first on koshers' list based on a rekommendation

KosherCowboy: About to list a $ 90,000 kondo, will provide almost $ 1620 in komissions, exactly what is needed to bring to CR

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:27 pm 

YO KC:
Guess you kould not reveal when you were going to be in KR. Kosher be private about kourse directives. I kan understand. Hell, everyone to their privacky. Kirkus understands, kompact your kondoms with kare and kompashion. Best of trips to you.

Never knew I kould be bilingual.

Post subject: kosher
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:38 pm 

posted it in roll kalls a month or two back. Konsidering Kosher got tons of ' skrew you' mails he has not made it his mission to announce to the world his plans, however, kosher has talked to others who will be there and will meet for a few beers, even though Kosher does not drink, Kosher disfrutará Coca-Cola.

KosherCowboy: Is not a bad guy, deep down he is a nice Jewish Boy ( at least was raised that way), Somewhere along the line, Kosher got lost :twisted: