www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:03 am 
Site Admin

Gentlemen:
In the past we had a dependable driver list with cell & email contact information. Duringa purge a few months back we lost that list. It was slightly outdated and needed to be updated anyway, so if anyone has a dependable driver with RELIABLE contact information feel free to list it here. I will then consolidate it when we have enough info clean it up and make it a sticky!

Last edited by Admin 1 on Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:53 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Here are a few bilingual private taxis running from the SL, which I have found to be reliable, prompt and concientious for around town, airport and tours:

Julio Solano 841-8395 (excellent english)

Juan Carlos Vega 358-3194 (excellent english, lived in NY/NJ for 6 years) juancvega63@hotmail.com Gustavo his brother also has a taxi.

Jimmy Diazs from the SL 380-8132

**Julio took me and macmasher on a late night tico strip club tour. Since we were the only gringos in the clubs, he kept checking back on us at the clubs to make sure we were safe and having a good time. Excellent host! Can't say enough good about his promptness and concern for our safety and enjoyment.

Update: Jimmy is a great guy. Took me to see one of mi favorita chica's at her casa in Pavas. It was raining buckets later and he returned right on time and he somehow managed to drive down and back up his van up a VERY narrow alley to keep my ass dry. Now that's great customer service!

Last edited by Right Hand Man on Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:57 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

This guy is also excellent:

OSCAR CASCANTE BOGARIN Tel: 270-3686 or 388-1281

Reasonable rates-newer car and good English

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:15 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Carlos(van).384-4042..ecantados@racsa.co.cr...........................................Orlando(Van)398-7722..Abletours@yahoo.com....................Earl montoya.392-5660..dukeofearls@racsa.co.cr

Post subject: Good taxista
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:38 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

George Rojas 367-8382 . he is an older guy , very polite very pleasant and friendly , and by the way , he gives you a reasonable price but I am not sure if he speaks English if that an issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 1:07 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I have known this man for over 3 years and he has open a new business.
VIP COSTA TRAVEL www.vipcostatravel.com. He is very dependable and honest and is fluent in English and just a around nice person.
Oscar Calvo
Cell:011506 378-0280
P O Box 26833000 Heredia-Costa Rica
www.vipcostatravel.com
Tell him Paul sent you-Discounts available
Oscar's Email adress: oscarcalvo28@yahoo.com

Last edited by Painman on Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:48 pm 

Guys,

I wholly concur with RHM's list of guys.

Juan Carlos took GR and I to Tambor for a weekend and the guy is honest, friendly, and just downright professional and AWESOME! I've never used his brother Gustavo but have heard nothing but great things about him as well.

Juan Carlos' number (again) is 358-3194. Definitely an excellent choice for long trips, as he has a van. We put the seats down and made one big bed out of the back of the van and were very comfortable for the 4+ hour ride.

Christian Chanto is also GREAT, he usually can be found outside the Sportsman's. Perfect choice for to/from the airport or for extended trips for a party of two or less people. Great guy, and once again, very professional.

Christian Chanto's number is 356-9718. Always timely, so a great alternative to the local taxis at the Airport. If you want to schedule him from the states, just add (011) 506- prior to dialing his number. Tell him George sent ya!

Jason at Sportsman's is also in the same caliber as Christian and can be found in the evening hours at Sportsman's. I unfortunately don't have his number, but he is on the same caliber as Christian.

Hope this helps!

Ruffnutz

Post subject: Taxi Drivers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:02 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Here's the updated info on;
Oscar Cascante Bogarin
(cell#) 506-388-1281, (home#) 506-270-3686, (Email) oscartourcr@racsa.co.cr

He has sold his car and now is driving a new VAN.
Call his cell # first and his home as a back-up number.
He speaks excellent English. His wife may answer his home phone and she does not speak English.
He is holding a 10 year U.S. visa.
He does not drink or smoke and has one of the cleanest vans in CR.
He is a gentleman you can TRUST !
And most importantly, he has no idea what tico time is ....Because he is ALWAYS ON TIME !!

Last edited by Captain on Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:57 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I have known two guys who work out of the Hotel Presidente for 3 years. Both are great people and speak enghlish. They are great for doing things for you in San Jose or picking you up at the airport

Jose Luis
Cell:375-1250

Rafael Naranjo
Cell: 359-2674

Tell them Pablo sent you.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:47 pm 
Forgot name maybe (Ingris). Drives a clean green van. Found him through G Y G. Charged $15.00 airport run. My flight was deverted and he even showed up the next day when I arrived. Used him for an all day tour with a companion. Speaks good english, friendly, polite and gave great customer service. I paid $100 for all day tour....

Used him three times. Always on time!! Tell him Scott sent you. I will be using him again in April.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:14 pm 

Sorry but they all suck! Carry small bills and coins and pay them and walk out. I took a three hour tour, I paid $20. It was plenty.

its 500 from DR to Amon anytime. They won t give change ever.

Post subject: Jimmydr, 500=$1.02
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:03 pm 

First of all they all don't suck the above mentioned drivers are all hard working guys, 14 hours a day, in addition they all have access to many prostitutes.
Jimmydr the regular cab drivers are no worse than those in the DR.

My opinion,
Barry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:45 pm 

I would consider them better than DR.My favorite taxi driver Carlos thankfully refered to me by my freind Captain above is as good a driver as you could find in any country.He treats you fairly and as reported is always early,never tico time . Just an all around great guy.Now there are definitely taxi drivers out there that are duds but.I always try to keep a good supply of change in colones to pay the taxis correct change.rbc100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:33 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

i have't ran into any you all named for 3 years i have used an hombrey bladimer 3732040. picked me up at airport many times for 12 but i usually give 15 . many times to jaco to and from 40 each way.. speaks english. i have to agree with the mate about the taxi at pres . they won't use meters and 3 times a normal taxi. i just walk past them and get local.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:20 pm 

any one know what which of the tourist van services are good to use? I took a tourist van back from Jaco to SJO and it was like $18 one way, the guy made only a couple of stops in SJO before my hotel.

Don't take the regular coca cola bus to Jaco. It's cheap (like $4) but it makes a lot of stops and takes a long time to get there. But if you got no $ and a lot of time who cares.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next