www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:46 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Caocaowoody wrote:
[quote Like catching a ride from a friend.
Now only if he'd had dating service...or would that be pimping ?

Woody, we might can do something for you on your return trip. Who know's what might be on the agenda. Dating service is legal, pimping is not. However, there's nothing wrong with a good guy recommending someone and you negotiate your own price. I think we can handle that.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:46 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Location: u believe i am a newbie & i got a bridge to sell ya
i booked with the lucky dog & even though my arrival was over 2 hours late & we had just switched arrangements from today to yesterday ~ just yesterday ~ i was met by a smiling gringo (bob) who got me over to the freebird no problem ~ i am glad to recommend their services as they delivered for me! many thanks!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:09 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

hey lucky dogg-I need a ride to the SL on March 7, a Thur and my fishing partner (Tinman) and I need transportation to Jacó on the 11th- staying 2 nights, and returning to the SL on the 13th from Jacó. I fly out on the 14th (early on the 14th) and would need a ride to the airport to catch my 6:30 am departure. Will pay for gas, tolls and a tip, of course. Let me know if you can be our transport guy. I speak fluent Spanish, retired Spanish teacher. Gracias, Pete

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:44 am 

Sure, no problem. I'm here for you. Check our fishing package rates on the classified ad, here on CRT.

Add a little spice to you life.This post is provided purely for entertainment purposes and free of charge on the part of the author. No "Sex tourism or travel" promotion is expressed or implied. The author of this post was not provided any compensation for this hopefully entertaining contribution. Any posts regarding any event or hotel item are just my humble opinions only.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Professional, personal driver: Andres Carranza V. andresnosara at (@) gmail (dot) com

Personal Cell: 85-34-08-54

Andres was a personal driver in Montreal for three years. English is beyond adequate. Honest, non-jaded, great guy: If you and your "wingman" are on a night out on the town, consider having Andres be your driver for the night. He knows the nightclubs, both the known ones to "us", as well as many others. No need to bother with cabs with the personal driver approach: You party; he waits. We went all over the City feeling VERY and MOST secure knowing that Andres was waiting for our next sortie. Most excellent. He knows San Jose like the back of his hand. Younger professional......late 30's/early 40's. Family man but well understands what's what. (Is a supervisor for a local rent car agency and he's seeking to seperate from hum drum "suit and tie", tied to a desk, blah, blah, blah scene).

He has several videos posted on YouTube of what he does. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgAgmyDxwo8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWOF9Jz36Bs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVBxk6sx0I8

are just a couple of examples. He has 34 videos on his YouTube channel.

He provides full, small scale tours border to border in his personal, well maintained 4wheel drive. 2-4 guys with extra friendly rates. Got to Jaco, ATV tours, zipline, horseback riding, etc., etc., etc. (But focus on that private driver for all night ease, comfort, safety, security, etc.). Great guy; very friendly; very informative; and not a jaded "....go after the rich gringo....." approach so many presently have.....

(edit purpose: More better intel.....)

"Actual happiness always looks pretty squalid in comparison with the over-compensations for misery. And, of course, stability isn't nearly so spectacular as instability. And being contented has none of the glamour of a good fight against misfortune, none of the picturesqueness of a struggle with temptation, or a fatal overthrow by passion or doubt. Happiness is never grand."
- Aldous Huxley, Brave New World, Ch. 16

Last edited by Steven1 on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:41 am 

And once was the driver for the band, America. How cool is that for all you oldtimers out there!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:03 pm 

I was in CR from Dec. 6 to 12 and I had "One Lucky Dog" pick me up and drop me back at the airport.

He has a Chevy Blazer which is spacious and comfortable and he is a friendly and reliable guy. I had a sore throat when I arrived so he went by a local Walmart to get me some throat lozenges.

He also carries water and soft drinks and beers !

Great guy to greet you and start your trip off right.

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:13 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I read reports and e mailed info@oneluckydogg.com
we even traded photo emails. and there was Sid holding a picture sign of my ugly mug at the gate.
I read somewhere that ******** negativity stated "weren't no free rides" But if you need a ride to to the beach the ride the airport ride could be free.
Do what your heart tells you. I liked the guy !! we even stopped at the Wall mart real quick>>

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:34 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Zunbake3 wrote:
And once was the driver for the band, America. How cool is that for all you oldtimers out there!

Was he riding a horse with no name?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:36 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Zunbake3 wrote:

Can he drive me to Ventura highway?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:18 am 

Yes A1NYC and to the desert on a Horse With No Name, yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:52 pm 

Here's a guy alot of the older posters will remember but that doesn't advertise.

Earl Montoya, aka Duke of Earl. Cell: 011 (506) 8392.5660, new email is ticoearl@ice.co.cr.
For quicker response call him. Talked and emailed with him today Mar 14, 2013.

Add to the list of "current" dependable drivers. Has a modern tourismo van and also smaller. Tico, perfect english having worked in NJ for a couple of years, knows SJ/CR very well having been in the tourismo/travel/taxi biz for years and years, very upbeat guy. Knows everyone and everyone knows him

The special thing I always liked about Earl is that he knows how to get things done, tourismo problems, or CR bureacracy red tape BS, that's what made him stand out for me. I got my 1st Driver's License with him in about an hour, for example. He can take you or a group anywhere in CR, long, short, or airport run.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:14 am 

Spent a quick week in San Jose with a friend and Sid from Lucky Dogg was waiting for me when I made it out into Taxi Central, then took me back to the Airport to pick up my friend who arrived 4 hours later. Sid then took us on a tour of some of the points of interest in the city ie: parks, churches, so on and helped give landmarks for my friend to recognize in case he was out alone. I would love to say I learned something but I just provided the smart ass comments. Anyway Sid eventually returned us a week later to where he found us...... Looking forward to the next trip and having Sid waiting for me.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:48 pm 

Calhoun wrote:
Now it has been, what 8 years since the first post and lots of responses with the info requested. SO where is the compiled list????

I think this list is smaller than it was 8 years ago Calhoun. Have fun next time down.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:23 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Seems like a quiet thread but Sid from Lucky Dog was great getting me to and from the airport. Early and waiting both ways. Nice little basic tour of the area on the way to LA. Really cant go wrong with him. Plus I found out he can book tours and what not for you. A++

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next