www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:23 pm 
Christian is the cabbie that got me from SJO to ZB in 10 min. He was at ZB to pick me up at the appointed time, and only charged $15 each way.

That's the most dependable I've seen in CR so far...

His number is: 831-0590

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:43 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

We have 9 of us coming in together going to the SL, getting in at about midnight. Is there transportation available for such a large group? Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:13 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Jbcobbs69 if memory serves me I believe you are in for the "Fix'in to get hitched" party. Since you are staying at SL you may want to make some arrangements with Bill and his staff. I doubt the van could accommodate y'all and your luggage but hell we have had 15 guys and coolers (that included Ciao & Boudmon :P )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:51 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Jbcobbs69 wrote:
We have 9 of us coming in together going to the SL, getting in at about midnight. Is there transportation available for such a large group? Any suggestions?

Interbus could fit all of you. Cost $6 per person

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:53 am 

HolaB wrote:
... but hell we have had 15 guys and coolers (that included Ciao & Boudmon

HolaB,
If you were on the shuttle with 14 other guys, that would only make 14.5 guys total!!! :shock: :P :lol:

MG :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:25 am 

Hey Boss, da plane, da plane :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:46 pm 

Anyone have a recommendation on a driver, with a newer auto with good air conditioning, that I could hire for the whole day? I will be in SJO from Aug 17-20 and am interested in looking around Heredia and Santa Ana for possible retirement. Not wanting to look at condos, but I am interested in looking at what each town has to offer. Someone with decent english would be a plus and access to email so I could chat about what I need before arrival. Email is not critical, just a nice bonus.

Any recommendations? Any idea on a fair price?

Someone PLEASE STOP Me.................LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:54 pm 

El Silencioso wrote:
I must chime in and join all who have praised Juan Carlos.

Juan is a great guy who speaks perfect english. Myself and 3 other CRT members (with our chicas in tow) hired him for a 4 day, 3 night trip to Jaco and Manuel Antonio in early February followng the Super Bowl Party.

We hired him from Monday at 11 AM through Thursday at 6 PM for
$ 125 per day all inclusive, with tip we paid him $400 and he was extremely happy. This included all gas for his van, we of course took very good care of him, including feeding him from our fishing trip on Tuesday morning (we caught enough to eat for 2 nights and make some fresh Ceviche...thanks Juan for offering you chef services).

After arriving on Monday night and taking us to the docks for fishing, he returned to our rented condo's to take the girls shopping and such and was awaiting our arrival at 4PM as scheduled.

On wednesday, drove us to Manuel Antonio National Park and back.

Again, Juan Carlos is everything you would want and expect from a driver, translator, guide, etc.

Give him the CRT business he has earned and deserves.

Respectfully

CG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:48 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Jimmy Diaz is the man! He picked us up from the airport and brought us to the SL and he was with us the whole rest of the trip. Even stayed in Jaco with us. Anything we needed, Jimmy got us. Took us anywhere we needed, anytime. Makes a mean guacamole too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:57 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Edgar Aguilar Avila. I 've used him on all of my trips. He used to work at the Beverly Hills Hotel and speaks fluent english. Edgar has 2 other drivers that work for him who are really service oriented as well.

Home phone: 253-11-20 Cell:380-56-30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:51 pm 

Not all cabbies have your best interest in mind. Read this story by Ruffnutz from a year ago. I have a feeling I know who the driver in question is, but you can figure it out on your own by process of elimination from those mentioned at the end of the post as good drivers.

https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewto ... ver#118624

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:03 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

For airport transport Guillermo Pacheco is a good bet. He hangs out by the Presidente and charges $15 to SJO vs $19 at the hotel.
He knows the side streets and avoids the downtown traffic. He is a middle aged Tico with so so english but a great guy and honest.
I will try him for pickup at SJO next trip in Nov.
His cell is 824-1066.
E-mail www.dpv55@hotmail.com

Post subject: Limo service
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:11 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I was hoping to hear of a limo service for short local travel. Is there a service we get a discount on?

Post subject: Re: Limo service
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:28 pm 

Location: Referred to the OIG by Mucho Gusto after mysterious fire at his gay night club.
Hombre wrote:
I was hoping to hear of a limo service for short local travel. Is there a service we get a discount on?

There are a few but to be honest, traffic in San Jose sucks so it's really not worth it unless you like looking good while you sit in traffic.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:50 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

since there's not much in recent posts here, my buddy and I are looking for a driver for Mon thru Thurs, 11/26 - 11/29/07, to take us multiple destinations. We're newbies to CR, we don't know where we're yet staying each day, and don't trust our driving there.

Any good driver ideas with dependable transport incl A/C, please reply. We'll pay fair day rate & all necessary expenses. Thanks for the ideas and contact info.

If this is a bad idea, please say that too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 18  Next