www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:54 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Just an update from my previous post, this time with more numbers and information.

Juan Carlos has been my driver of choice for two trips: One to Tambor and another to Tamarindo. He speaks great English and is very reliable and ALWAYS on time.

Juan Carlos' number is 358-3194. Definitely an excellent choice for long trips, as he has a van. He put the seats down and filled some inflatable mattresses which turned the back of the van into one big comfortable bed and were very cozy for the 4+ hour rides.

Christian Chanto is also GREAT, he usually can be found outside the Sportsman's. Perfect choice for to/from the airport or for extended trips for a party of two or less people. Great guy, and once again, very professional.

Christian Chanto's number is 356-9718. Always timely, so a great alternative to the local taxis at the Airport. If you want to schedule him from the states, just add (011) 506- prior to dialing his number. Tell him George sent ya!

Jason Vargas at Sportsman's is also in the same caliber as Christian and can be found in the evening hours at Sportsman's. Overall a great dude and and a great resource in terms of someone to hang out with and show you the good bars and clubs outside of the gulch.

Jason Vargas' number is 356-7162. Again, another great alternative to the local taxis for pick up and return to the airport.

On a side note, I just want everyone to know that one of the bartenders at the Sportsman's, the ever-sweet Karol, also works in real estate and she wanted me to put a little plug in the site for her... here's the info:

Karol Prado (011) 506-372-5675
Company name: Costa Rica Real Estate Sales
Company number is (011)506-261-4721
Website Address is WWW.MYCOSTARICANPROPERTY.COM

Hope this helps,

Ruffnutz

Last edited by Ruffnutz on Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:17 am 

Earl "The Duke of Earl" Montoya is an excellent driver with a nice van or car. He speaks good english and is very reliable. Phone 506-392-5660 and e-mail dukeofearls@rasca.co.cr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:45 am 

Ruffnutz wrote:
He put the seats down and filled some inflatable mattresses which turned the back of the van into one big comfortable bed and were very cozy for the 4+ hour rides.

OH.....MY......GOD !!!!
Only you, Ruff.....Only you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:01 am 

Hankkh,

I agree with you on Earl he is the best I have seen. He even lived in the States & has a US passport.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 2:05 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Glenn Escqlunte 822-4294. GREAT guy! Speaks fluent English and is a wonderful Spanish teacher too. Lives in Alajuela, goes everywhere. Took me from Sportsman Lodge to Jaco Beach for $65.00. Knows everything, hooked me up with nice babes, took me to fantastico cheap places to eat on way to coast...really up beat and pleasent. Good company on a long ride! On way back to the city he suggested I stay at a hostel in Alajuela instead of San Hose because the owner (Arnoldo, another cool guy) would take me to the airport no charge if stayed at his place for $40 a nite...no chica fee either. I believe Glenn REALLY DOES care about his customers, he says he does, and he states that he depends on repeat customers...hence his personal attention to their needs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:46 pm 

Gerardo Antonio (Tony).
(506)388-3707
Speaks English very well. Drove us all around San Jose, several times. Very reasonable. Large van - up to 15 persons. Great guy.
Mikey B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:40 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

just out of interest anyone know of a driver who will drive u around from like 3-4 hours and how much wouch would he cost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 3:21 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Julio is outstanding! Knows his way around San Jose and took me to all the best spots. Knew girls in all the places and was able to hook me up several times with exceptional fresh and beautiful ladies for less than the going rate. Excellent English.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 1:02 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Nelson Campos (379-8538)

Nelson is a great guy, and is honest, knowledgeable, and reasonable. He's available for short or long trips, and seems to have a variety of vehicles available to him. His service is great, he's available around the clock, and best of all he's always on time! :D

He speaks only basic english though. If you speak even basic spanish you'll be fine with him. A really good guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:51 am 

I just got back 1-18-06 and I to have to recomend Juan Carlos Vega. All His info is in earlier posts.

I was down with the K*ds. And he was great. Took us to Jaco and set in the van with all the vaubles. Took us to valcano Poas and it was raining so much they were closed so he took us to the waterfalls. They were fantastic and the K*ds loved it.

He also arranged for Hazel the part time receptionist at Sl to travel with me and the K*ds. For bathroom stops and girl stuff. I have daughters. They both worked very hard to make the vacation a pleasent experince. I felt totaly safe with both right off the bat.

And Juan allso understand CRT member needs and issues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:34 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Able Tours Sa
Orlando Fernandes Acuna
506-245-1378 Cell 506-398-7722
Fax 506-245-9853
abletours@yahoo.com

I used orlando on three trips. He speaks perfect english and lived in the states. Can take care fo all your transportation needs and day trips.

Post subject: Oscar
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:22 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Used Oscar during our trip. Good English, friendly, fair. has a nice, clean mini-van type vehicle. Charged $60 SJ to Jaco for me and wingman and then came back and picked us up. $60 in nice van or $35 on bus was an easy call. Made a couple stops for us too, no problem. Even covered for us when we threw chicken to those Crocs!

He charges $100 a day if you want him to drive you all over CR he will. He will sleep in his van or get a cheap room.

I would still take the orange cab from the airport though as Oscar charges $10 a person when you can put a few in the orange cabs for $12 total.

5 Stars

(506) 388-1281

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:43 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Could you answer a couple of somewhat related questions? How long a drive from the airport to San Jose? Can the trip to Jaco from SJ reasonably be a daytrip, or is it an overnight?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 8:12 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Panther,
Depending on the time of day you land and sun or rain, it is 28min. to 45 min.
Jaco is about 2 1/2 hour ride from SJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:55 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I have visited San Jose 3 times in 2005.Each time I rely on a very honest
driver named Cesar Villalobos. He has a van, and works out of the Del Rey.He speaks great English,and knows really great spots.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next