www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:31 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

:D JT and Sarah, owners and hosts of Kaya's Place, are one of those couples that are truely a gift to the Planet! Their warm, radiant personalities made me and all of the guests staying at Kaya's Place while I was there, feel as if we had just been made part of the family. From their genuine concerns to make my stay with them a special part of my adventure in Costa Rica, to JT's special house drink, my stay at Kaya's Place has few rivals in my 57 years of life. Thank you both so very much for your graciousness. And, what a gift from the Divine you received when your great young chef joined the family. The flame-seared fresh tuna steak is to die for! I particularly loved that the hotel is beachfront with the cooling breezes wafting off the Caribbean. I spent time one evening, just in front of the hotel, floating on my back in 86 degree water as the sun was setting, gazing up at the thin slivver of the moon in a golden sky. My stay at Kaya's Place was a key event that helped enrich my wonderful Costa Rican odyssey. Many thanks to my newly found friends, JT and Sarah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 8:02 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Huh? :? Is this a change in opinion or sarcasm? Where's the punch line? I was going to write them off but I guess now I'll really need to check this place out after such a glowing review.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 9:59 pm 

Yeah, Prolijo..me too. I have never considered visiting the Carribean side of Costa Rica but now after this outstanding review of Kaya's place, I'm ready to hop on the plane and go visit. :lol: :roll: NOT.

Let me see if someone doesn't think this is over-the-top review: "couples that are truly gift to the planet", "radiant personalities", "made part of the family", "genuine concerns", "rival in my 57 years of life", " your graciousness", "a gift from the devine", " tuna steak is to die for", "gazing up at the thin slivver of the moon in a golden sky", "helped enrich my wonderful Costa Rican odyssey". Please tell us what you REALLY think about this place. :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:36 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Dino wrote:
Yeah, Prolijo..me too. I have never considered visiting the Carribean side of Costa Rica but now after this outstanding review of Kaya's place, I'm ready to hop on the plane and go visit. :lol: :roll: NOT.

Let me see if someone doesn't think this is over-the-top review: "couples that are truly gift to the planet", "radiant personalities", "made part of the family", "genuine concerns", "rival in my 57 years of life", " your graciousness", "a gift from the devine", " tuna steak is to die for", "gazing up at the thin slivver of the moon in a golden sky", "helped enrich my wonderful Costa Rican odyssey". Please tell us what you REALLY think about this place. :lol: :lol:

Carefull you're lible to get deleted for talking negatively.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:18 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I'm glad DINO is a cynic.
I missed that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:54 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Here is a little story – a good one:

A stressed out person on a business trip peels into nowhere-town planet earth and pulls into the towns’ only gas station. The fellow grabs the nozzle and start pumping the gas and notice an old man is leaning against the wall in his chair under the shade. The young guy exclaim to the old man “ This is the most gott-forsaken place I have every been through: It is too hot; it rains too much; the people are un-friendly and the service sucks. I can’t wait to get out of here”.

“Ayup” says the old guy: “you pretty much hit the nail on the head son”….

One hour later:

Another person on another business trip pulls up to the same gas pump in anywhere-town planet earth…The old guy goes to the drivers window and after finding out ‘regular or ethel’ start pumping the gas. Meanwhile they are talking and the business person says: ”Wow I love it here – the climate is perfect; the people are really friendly and the service – well it can’t be beat”

The old man say “Yup, this is where I live all my life, glad you like it. You otta see this while you are in town …”

Your mileage always will vary, See…In my personal experience Mar Caribe (Caribbean Sea) rocks. If you don’t check it out you are in some sorta rut…I got through some of the worst that can happen and plan to go back…September is the time to go according to the people I know, that have lived there five years. I can tell you December/January Sucks- RAIN like you have never seen. A plus side is you don’t have to want for a warm shower…

See you out on the Caribbean Coast, I would not hesitate to book at Kayas after seeing it and especialy eating there and getting the tour. There are other places sure but it is a great home base. I would be suprised if you are disapointed staying there.

Tuanis,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:00 am 

Coqui wrote:
Carefull you're lible to get deleted for talking negatively.
I don't get it...
:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:36 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Quote:
I don't get it...
:?:

amazingley, I do get it.
and I can relate. I think.
I don't post much. It's calmer to just lurk.
it was not long ago that COQUI came on board.
some of the guys were brutel on him, on occasion.
now i mostly just laugh at it.
now i just expect that some of the guys do have 'grumpy' days.
when they have a bad day, and there is a NEWBIE in sight......guess who gets blasted?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:42 am 

Quote:
See you out on the Caribbean Coast, I would not hesitate to book at Kayas after seeing it and especialy eating there and getting the tour. There are other places sure but it is a great home base. I would be suprised if you are disapointed staying there.

I do not know what the true story is on Kayas Place. We have had very divergent views posted here from people who have actually stayed there. I do not think getting the tour qualifies as an objective review.

I still have very serious concerns about the place and the answers we got from JT as well as subsequent actions taken on this board.

There stills seems to be a very bad residue in the minds of some the way the original thread was handled and it is not going to just go away.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:47 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I think it was a tough call for Admin.

In the end it was probably a good thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:11 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Location: Somewhere near the "Frozen Tundra of LAMBERT FIELD (John Fing Kerry)"
Sooooooo anyhow. I will be back down on the 29th. I wanna take my girl to the beach for a few days. Which beaches have white sand? I have enjoyed Jaco, anf Quepos/Manuel Antonio and punteranas. Can't say that I am all that fond of lava sand. Donde es el blanco la playa con bueno hotel?

My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...." MAN....WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:21 am 
Site Admin

I don't get it either? Coqui Are you stating nothing negative is allowed or your deleted?

A thread got out of control, it was not deleted but but moved to a private area for viewing for reasons I will not go into again.

There have been conflicting stories of Kays and what it is all about. I HAVE NEVER STAYED there and will not comment Admin 2 is there often and I will ask him for a in debth honest review of facilities etc, without bias upn his return this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:47 am 

Mi-Amor wrote:
amazingley, I do get it.
and I can relate. I think.
I don't post much. It's calmer to just lurk.
it was not long ago that COQUI came on board.
some of the guys were brutel on him, on occasion.
now i mostly just laugh at it.
now i just expect that some of the guys do have 'grumpy' days.
when they have a bad day, and there is a NEWBIE in sight......guess who gets blasted?

Oh, now I kinda get it, although Dino's post is not really "negative" is it? But I disagree with newbies getting blasted just because someone's in a bad mood, (ok it might happen once in a while.) :lol: I've been accused of such, but 99% of the time I call bullshit on someone's posts they turn out to be just that, or here to cause problems. Long ago the Admins requested the members to help monitor the site and keep things on track, and yes there are trolls that just come in here to stir up trouble and most of them are not here anymore.
And since you brought it up, when Coqui came on the scene he came on very strong telling all how the site should be run, was very opinionated etc... and got a response that was not unwarranted IMO for someone that still hasn't even been to CR. No offense to Coqui but you can see how that came off as abrasive to some and brought into question his intentions here. I do consider his vast knowledge of Latino women a great asset to the site.
Anyway to get back on topic- the other thread is still here-
https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5368

And this glorious review by Norteno sounds to me like it was written by a woman, I mean have you ever heard a guy say anything was "to die for"? Maybe he forgot to log off at the computer at Kayas, :wink: or else the not so good reviews have caused a very positive change in customer service, which would be good for all. No doubt as more guys go there reviews will be posted, I would not hesitate to stay there as it seems there are many more positive than negative reviews. I hope to go to the Carribbean side one day and check things out for myself.

Post subject: HEY HEY ITS FAT ALBERT
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:58 pm 
PACO, well written response :roll: can someone post a picture of SARAH from kayas :?: is she hot, maybe this explains alot :twisted: hopefully JT will improve his customer service skills :idea: he sounds like a snot nosed k.d that thinks his shit don't stink. maybe he could pm or call BILL at the sportsmen for some pointers :idea: i am sure that they roll out the red carpet with TMAN staying there. they should treat everyone like we are TMAN. pura vida

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:41 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Admin 1 wrote:
I don't get it either? Coqui Are you stating nothing negative is allowed or your deleted?

A thread got out of control, it was not deleted but but moved to a private area for viewing for reasons I will not go into again.

There have been conflicting stories of Kays and what it is all about. I HAVE NEVER STAYED there and will not comment Admin 2 is there often and I will ask him for a in debth honest review of facilities etc, without bias upn his return this weekend.

Actually i was deleted Admin, i wrote that because of the way Kayas dealt with a negative review on the board I would not consider it for a future destination and it was deleted by Admin 2. Hey I can understand that you need to protect your sponsers but i thought that deletion was a little overboard on your guys part. Because it really kinda showed like you were covering something up but in my honest opinion it was on both parties parts for the thread going the way it went. But due to the deletion it really showed me that I have to be carefull in what i post.

PacoLoco wrote:
And since you brought it up, when Coqui came on the scene he came on very strong telling all how the site should be run, was very opinionated etc... and got a response that was not unwarranted IMO for someone that still hasn't even been to CR. No offense to Coqui but you can see how that came off as abrasive to some and brought into question his intentions here. I do consider his vast knowledge of Latino women a great asset to the site.

Paco I never told people how the site should be run, that was something that one member who screamed it to the high heavens and people took his word for it as fact. What happened was i made a joke thread that i made because i wanted to make a good impresion on the vets of the board (oh the irony). Anyway one vet didnt get the joke, he actually took it seriously when it was clear it was a joke. When i pointed out that it was a joke he got pissed flamed me and acted rather trollish.

At the exact same time a thread showed up that was pretty much openly mocking newbies. I thought it was rather mean. And pretty much got ahead of myself and voiced my opinion that it was a mean spirited thread and that everyone should get along Vet and newbie alike. This was deemed as me ordering people and being a jerk for ruining their fun.

Im not offended Paco, i enjoy your posts as well but i think that things are not so black and white as some members would have you belive.