www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: girl friendlly hotels
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:09 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I am going to CR first time and have very limited budget. I see many hotels that are around $40.00 run by "German couples etc" I'm sure that familes may be staying there. How do I know if thay will freak out if I bring a girl in? (2) I want to go to a nice beach that does not cost much to relax walk on the beach stay at a nice clean hotel in the $40s that allow girls. where the girls are about $40 to $50 an hour. What beach is my best bet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:16 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

dude read the posts.....ok....spend the 50-60 bucks and stay at the delrey, sportsmans lodge, or presidente.....all chica friendly.....delrey charges 10/girl....sportsmans has no charge...outside of those 3 is up to u but why gamble against a sure bet. for a beach i've heard nothing but good things about the tangeri in jaco.....right by beatle bar and monkey bar where u can pull girls out more so at night with prices contingenton UR negotiating skills....hope this helps u out...just do ur research on finding ur hotel, the rest will work itself out once u get in town, i promise. i was a newbie once asking newbie questions, after 1 trip, u'll realize, CR doesnt take much planning.....just get a flight ticket in and u can wing it from there and have the time of ur life....good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:17 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

and no chica fees at tangeri, and u can get a room round 40-60/nite i believe

Post subject: thanks for the help
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:26 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

thanks for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 6:13 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Location: Somewhere near the "Frozen Tundra of LAMBERT FIELD (John Fing Kerry)"
James...read everything you can on this board before you go. It is truely money in the bank.

My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...." MAN....WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:23 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

James,

The 3 SJ hotels mentioned above are NOT in your $40/nt price range and NOT near the beach. They ARE all chica friendly, though the $10 chica fee at the DR puts well above even $60/nt. If you want chica friendly hotels in SJ that ARE closer to your price point, you should consider places like the Morazon, Castillo, Europa, Gran Via etc.

For CHEAP Hotels near the BEACH and ALSO where plenty of P4P action is around, Jaco may well be your best bet. Just don't expect the best beaches that CR has to offer. For that reason, Jaco is not one of my favorite destinations in CR, so I'm no expert on the area. However, plenty of CRers swear by the place. I suggest you do a search on this site for ideas on where to stay in the Jaco area.

I can tell you this from a quick search. According to a post by a CRTer that stayed there rates at the Tangeri are actually $84/nt. I also did a websearch and located their website at http://www.hoteltangeri.com and they listed prices starting at $84/nt at this time of year and oonly going down to $70/nt during the off-season.

While I can't offer any suggestions on Jaco hotels that are guest friendly, I can offer some general tips:
    1) Don't be shy. When calling or e-mailing a hotel for reservations or information, just ask them what their policies are. Tell them you might be bringing a local "girlfriend" to stay with you on one or more nights after you check in and ask if they have a "guest" policy. They should get the idea what you are talking about. If they don't get your drift, suddenly become less friendly or come right out and say they discourage or don't allow such things, you can take it as a sign to check elsewhere.
    2) Its just a guess, but I'm willing to bet that hotels run by European couples are much more likely to be open-minded to our little "hobby" than would be ones run by gringos and their gringas.
    3) You're also likely to have less trouble at the cheaper places than you would at a classy resort which is trying to maintain a certain image for its guests.
    4) At whatever hotel you end up, if there are families around its best to be as discrete as possible. There's no need to go needlessly parading your chica around (particularly if she's conspicuously dressed like a bar-girl) coping a feel as you go. If you bring her back after the families and their K*ds are safely asleep and slip quietly out the next morning, you'll probably be okay at most places. At other times of the day, look around you and you'll get a sense of what is cool and what is not.
    5) Although many straight couples and families seem to have no problem making as much noise as they want when they arise for their early morning tours, they may frown upon loud moans and the banging of headboards coming through their walls late at night. Try to keep your tipsy chica from making too much as you go to your room too. Anyone staying at a hotel should exercise this type of basic courtesy for other guests anyway and try to keep excess noise to a minimum.
    6) Basically, have fun but, in my opinion anyway, when mixing with the straight world on their "turf" try to keep a low profile and avoid rousing their ire unneccesarily. We as whorticulturalists already have a public relations problem as it is and don't need to make it any worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

Just to chime in quickly... Paradise Hotel New VIP Sponsor 1 block from the beach with the CRT discount you will get in the pricerange your looking for 1 block from the Beattle bar... I think that solves that.