www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Thread Lockdown
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 11:10 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Just my opinion but something about ggscribble and then the lock down leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

If that PO's the admins's so be it.

alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.
Alex Levine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:16 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

It will be gone by morning, kinda sucks because it was an interestring thread before the drama (how come females always have to bring the drama?). I dont agree with it (since now a negative review of an establishment might be erazed from history, those this help the said establishment learn from their mistakes or take comfort in the fact that any negative review or complaint will be deleted?) but the Admin's have a job to do in keeping order and that means making hard decicions. If they feel they have to do that then i trust their judgement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:54 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

hi guys,
i haven't been on for awhile but after reading all those post....something fishy is going on..
SAL

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:08 am 
leave it to a silly gringa . i guess that explains why i do not bother with them. though in my opinion the thread should not be erased. in this day and age , there is no more freedome of speech , religion etc....... also traveling what is the purpose of showing your passport 5,000 times :?: i was intrigued about the thread and decided to read it before it dissapears. the ADMIN have the right to LOCK THREAD & REMOVE. one might ponder is this what is best for the site. a negative post about kayas, which i have no inclination to stay at. 2 wrongs do not make a right. pura vida

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:24 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Guys...the lockdown and planned deletion is not so much about "censureship" as it is about our mistake in deleting valid posts on the subject. There is nothing "fishy" going on, but by now all parties involved have been able to air their grievences and versions of what happened. Now that valid posts/viewpoints have been irrevocably erased from the conversation, we think it is easier in this case to delete and move on. Most anyone interested in Puerto Viejo or the hotel in question have had ample time to view the thread and make their own determinations about going there or not. Meanwhile, we are just trying to be fair...AND keep things positive on this board. We really dont thrive on controversy here at CRT, especially regarding people or gringas who are not even members here. Lets just move on and have fun on more relavant and important issues.

Thanks for understanding...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:12 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Don't really want to drag this out any further, but as the perpetrator of all this mayhem, just a few final thoughts:

I was quite willing to let the whole thing die off and move on until the untimely posts by said gringas. Which leaves open the question "how did they find out about this site"? And the only logical answer to that is that they wouldn't have if they hadn't been somehow clued in by said hotel. And whatever the beef is between myself and the hotel, they, as a CRT sponsor, had absolutely no place in bringing in an outside party like that. They definitely crossed a line there, and I sincerely hope that CRT re-evaluates it's relationship with Kaya's and hopefully terminates it.

And how can one say that "valid" viewpoints have been erased from the conversation when those viewpoints were expressed by "people or gringas who are not even members here".

I'm all in favor of staying positive (read my other posts), but we as a group need to know about the bad stuff too to help make better decisions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:23 am 
Site Admin

Once again, I heed to the PM's I've received and will move the thread to the private area.. NOW please can we let this go... I would think by now we would have better things to talk about. If you had any idea how much time was spent behind the scenes on this ... You would understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:18 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

GetRhythm...we think your views have been expressed on the other thread that we locked down. The only final comment (and we hope we dont have to lock down THIS thread too) is in reference to the rights of posting here...the views expressed by the ladies in question were their responses to YOUR claims. Therefore we allowed their posts and this IS a public forum for anyone as long as the forum rules and guidelines are upheld. It is obvious some people dont and some people do like Kayas Place among our membership...and all views except the unfortunate mistaken deletion of the lady's posts remain for the record. We have the same issue with a number of our VIP sponsors...not everyone likes ANY of the sponsor hotel providers of this site...but we try to keep the balance and perspective in our open forum as long as it is not flaming or a "campaign" to deride one establishment or the other. Hope you understand and that we can all move on now.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]