www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:01 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

so during my first stay in SJ i stayed at the hotel rincon de san jose ( http://www.hotelrincondesanjose.com ) i have nuttin but good stuff to say about the place. so here goes. they have about 30 regular rooms that are accessed through the hotel lobby. i had the chance to check them out and they are gorgeous rooms with old time hardwood floors and handcarved furniture. they also have 1 apartment which has a private entrance in the back of the hotel. i stayed in the apartment for 7 nites. u walk in and there is a living room to the left and also a kitchen and bathroom on the first floor. there is also a table to eat at that is not enclosed by a roof if u understand. a little confusing i know but great. upstairs there is a nice sized bedroom with a king sized bed computer desk, bring ur own computer, and another bathroom with shower. there is always hot water here and it flows ferociously. all this only cost $372/ week including taxes and all our phone calls. i shared the apartment with glick13, so we each only paid 186 for 7 nites. do the math and it's one of the best bargains in town per nite like 26 dollars a piece. the hotel also has free lockboxes, internet service, and continental breakfast w/ eggs. it is walking distance easily to delrey. 5 minute stroll by day however at night u will want to take a cab as you pass by several transvestites ready to pocket pick a gringo. its located at the corner of avenida 9 y calle 15, right down the street from the sportsmen's lodge and new fantasy. the staff speaks good english which is very helpful. they were very catering to our needs whether it be tour information or taxi services. iwould definately stay there again in the apartment. Note: for those like me who want to bring mass amounts of ticas back to their room rent the apartment. There are no chica fees and we did not get bothered once all week and it was getting a little crazy in our place. if u rent a room through hotel lobby it may be a lil embarrassing bringing in chicas as this tended to have young Ch*ldren and families staying in the hotel. but i'm sure chicas are still allowed. anyway, hotel rincon gets 2 thumbs up from me and i recommend giving it a chance and staying in their apartment. u won't be disappointed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:29 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

The apartment has 1 bedroom?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:48 pm 

its one big bedroom yes with king size bed , 2 foldouts, and a leather sofa.....more than enough room for 2-3 people......we had 3 guys and 3 girls at once and plenty a room to party :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:02 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Hola Money
Hotel Edelweiss , now Rincon, used to be GAY -full :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol:

So no mas// :?: :?:
Hopefully you did not have a gay experience there :shock: :lol:
Cygnuts :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:06 pm 

nah man didnt run across any gays, cept for some transvetites on the walk home at night. cab recommended at night......but i stayed in the apartment no need to really ever enter the lobby with the other guests.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:56 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

This sounds like a wonderfull deal but does it incude maid service every day?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:28 pm 

maid comes twice a week....which was plenty.....most of your time will be spent at the delrey prolly anyway..