www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hotel Europa
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:47 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Going down in April 16, The Prez is full until the 18th. Thinking of booking a room though DonCarlos for the Weekend. Since hopefully there will be a Loyal Order of WaterBuffalo meeting that Saturday, thought to be a good idea.

At the moment have a res. at DR, but considering to switch. Can anyone give input in Hotel Europa. Is it chica friendly? looks like it's not far from any of the main spots. How is the area there? website looks good, descent rooms.

Only my second time to CR, don't recall this area.

Juolz1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:58 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
Quote:
Can anyone give input in Hotel Europa. Is it chica friendly?

Yes

dapanz1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:12 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

PM don Carlos. He can arrange a $45.00 a night room at the Europa. That's a great deal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:28 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I've stayed at the Europa and it's very good. it's not a long walk to the BM & Prez, heck my ole ass made round trips a few times a day for a week. They have an older doorman who's name I don't remember, really liked him.

It's an old hotel, but well kept, the resturant was good, amiga friendly.

Pay cash, you'll like it.

I've used Don Carlos to book for me, saved my email with price quote as the desk people will try to add their own excise tax ( :D )

Shamas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:56 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I'v stayed at the Hotel Europa after a hotel that was supposed to hold my room Did not. I arrived back in the city from a trip to Arenal about 11:15PM. No room and Tica on her way for total la noche. Make a long story short. The desk girl at the offending Hotel called the Europa for me. Made sure they had a room then called my Novia of the night who was on her way and directed her to the Europa. I thanked her, went out hailed a taxi and motered on over to the europa. When I arrived I was showed to the front deck and on my way passed my novia of the night who was sitting in the lobbie waiting for me. After checking in the bell man took my bags to the elevator and I went over to greet my novia. We then all went up to my room which was quite nice with refrig and view to the west. I tipped the bell man a buck and my novia somewhat more. Pura Vida. Lipstick, Krisis. and a few other MP'S and strip joints are all with-in a block or so walk. Even ZB NF and Europa 2000 can be reached by walking no more then 10 - 15 min. It's only a 385 - 400 colone taxi ride from the DR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 12:09 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks all,
Sounds like a good idea to make the switch. Are there any room recomendations. (to avoid traffic noise, nice view, bathtub in room, etc...)