www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:17 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Ill be staying in san jose a couple nights before heading to Jaco, Im an older guy, always liked the Sportmans laid back mansion vibe. Any ideas/comments on the Taormina? They have a dance place which is definitely my scene. Any comments on that? Also how about the ground floor, are all the chicas still packed into that little bar?

Also in Jaco, how about the Republik lounge? Is it up and running, and giving the Cocal a run for its money?

Thank you everyone! PM me if you want a great cheap chica friendly jaco airbnb too...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:49 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

magictrain wrote:
Ill be staying in san jose a couple nights before heading to Jaco, Im an older guy, always liked the Sportmans laid back mansion vibe. Any ideas/comments on the Taormina? They have a dance place which is definitely my scene. Any comments on that? Also how about the ground floor, are all the chicas still packed into that little bar?

Also in Jaco, how about the Republik lounge? Is it up and running, and giving the Cocal a run for its money?

Thank you everyone! PM me if you want a great cheap chica friendly jaco airbnb too...

The Taormina Jungle bar or whatever it is called is just another bar area. It is not a dance place at least I've never seen any dancing there. But it is a lot bigger than the little bar they used to pack in to. They have it closed off when there are not a lot of people around, but open at busy times.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:46 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Yeah, the only dancing they had in the Taormina was when they opened up a "secret" bar on the forth floor just after Covid. They did it to get by the forced early closing times and capacity restrictions. It was by far a better venue than the Sports Bar or the Jungle Bar. With all the women dancing it kind of reminded me of the old Key Largo atmosphere.

If budget is a concern, you can get a decent room at the Taormina for about the same price as one of the Sportsmens cheaper rooms but you do have to add on the chica fee.

If your budget isn't too limited some of the Sportsmens Mansion Suites are great.

From what I have seen Republik isn't hurting the Cocal much, just absorbing their overflow.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:56 pm 

Guys thank you for taking the time to write, great info!! :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:16 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Sportsmans is reasonably priced (the drinks) and has competent management, but the talent is not as good. At least you won't get ripped off running a tab though and probably not get caught in the middle of a narco war like is the risk with Taormina.

Jungle bar is stuffy and uncomfortable. Second rate talent often dances for a few hours at night over the weekends and security forces all the chicas downstairs, which makes it a lot easier to get a drink in the bar but is otherwise a graveyard upstairs until after 12am.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:17 pm 

BottomsUp wrote:
Sportsmans is reasonably priced (the drinks) and has competent management, but the talent is not as good. At least you won't get ripped off running a tab though and probably not get caught in the middle of a narco war like is the risk with Taormina.

Jungle bar is stuffy and uncomfortable. Second rate talent often dances for a few hours at night over the weekends and security forces all the chicas downstairs, which makes it a lot easier to get a drink in the bar but is otherwise a graveyard upstairs until after 12am.

Hi thank you for sharing! :) Good info for the community.