www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hotel Comparison
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:25 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I have always stayed at SL or Taormina. Both have advantages. I am thinking of trying Castillo and/ or Amistad. Can anyone give me plus and minus of each compared to SL and T? Girls are obviously top of mind but food and general comfort important as well. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Hotel Comparison
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:16 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

There are many posts regarding all of these places. The info you seek has already been posted..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:22 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

norm2081 wrote:
I have always stayed at SL or Taormina. Both have advantages. I am thinking of trying Castillo and/ or Amistad. Can anyone give me plus and minus of each compared to SL and T? Girls are obviously top of mind but food and general comfort important as well. Thanks.

There are many posts on the board about this, so a little searching will do wonders. Briefly, my take is that SL is pretty much the standard by which others are judged. My favorite is Castillo. Compared to SL, Castillo is quieter and a bit more dated. There are girls, but other than Friday/Saturday night, they are few, but quality is generally good -- several regulars. The bar at Castillo is a great place to hang out. Amistad is even quieter, as no girls are allowed to enter or hang out alone... they have to be with a guy. That means that at Amistad, you'll have to go out to pick up girls. Amistad is a bit more upscale, and had good food the last time that I was there.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:02 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Seraph wrote:
norm2081 wrote:

There are many posts on the board about this, so a little searching will do wonders. Briefly, my take is that SL is pretty much the standard by which others are judged. My favorite is Castillo. Compared to SL, Castillo is quieter and a bit more dated. There are girls, but other than Friday/Saturday night, they are few, but quality is generally good -- several regulars. The bar at Castillo is a great place to hang out. Amistad is even quieter, as no girls are allowed to enter or hang out alone... they have to be with a guy. That means that at Amistad, you'll have to go out to pick up girls. Amistad is a bit more upscale, and had good food the last time that I was there.

Restaurant totally closed at Amistad now. There is a breakfast option for guests, but that's it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 7:10 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

And the best little made in town to cook you that breakfast. If she's still around???

//Maid

She deserves props
Anyone remember her name?
Hall of fame CRT career.
Worked with Helen for years at Castillo.
Back and forth to Amistad during Covid years...
Hope she's still kickin' it over there...all these years of cleaning up after you dirty bastards.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:50 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I've stayed at Hotel la Amistad and the SL and have to say the SL is far superior if renting a room in the mansion wing. I'll be staying at the Castillo this coming week and will write a review then.

The SL is very quiet in the mansion wing. Not sure what it's like closer to the front but don't want to find out either. There's some rowdy folks there at 1AM for sure ;)