www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:59 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

A girl sends me a WhatsApp message that she went to the Front desk of Sportsmens Lodge and showed them a picture of me. The receptionist tells her I have changed rooms and tells her which room I am in. The receptionist then comments that she is surprised that any girl wants to know about me because I am so mean and rude.

Assuming this girl is telling the truth

1) Should Sportsmens Lodge be telling ANY girl ANY information about me?

2) Should this receptionist be offering commentary about me?

3) Should I bring this up or let it go?

Your thoughts please.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:10 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

1) no but people talk.- human nature (I have gotten info about the chics that was none of my business)

2) no but apparently you were mean and rude so she is not concerned about you or your privacy - human nature

3) depends on if there were really any damages or you just got your feelings hurt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:44 pm 

grimeswilliam wrote:
1) no but people talk.- human nature (I have gotten info about the chics that was none of my business)

2) no but apparently you were mean and rude so she is not concerned about you or your privacy - human nature

3) depends on if there were really any damages or you just got your feelings hurt

No, no damages done nor were my feelings hurt. In the USA, hotels don’t give out any information on guests, I guess I am just used to that standard. I was surprised that they would have any conversation about me, a guest. Maybe their loyalties are more for the girls that come there regularly than for their paying customers. I doubt the maids or security guards or the bartenders think I am rude or mean. They always greet me pleasantly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:51 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Rolleratnight wrote:
A girl sends me a WhatsApp message that she went to the Front desk of Sportsmens Lodge and showed them a picture of me. The receptionist tells her I have changed rooms and tells her which room I am in. The receptionist then comments that she is surprised that any girl wants to know about me because I am so mean and rude.

Your thoughts please.

She may have embellished the comments if she is trying to get someone at reception in trouble. Who knows.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:38 pm 

Zeos wrote:
She may have embellished the comments if she is trying to get someone at reception in trouble. Who knows.

Why would she want to get the receptionist in trouble?

Once, at the front gate, a girl starts pointing at me saying she knows me. (I never saw her before) I remained quiet. Another girl, who I never saw before, started telling her everything about me: what room I was in, girls I saw, the last girl I saw, my name, everything except that I was, “rude and mean.” I never saw or talked to these two girls before.

My point is that the receptionist told her, not that my information isn’t known by the girls. I don’t think the hotel should be telling anything about me, especially what room I am in!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:58 pm 

Rolleratnight wrote:
Zeos wrote:

Let Bill know you concerns.

Why would she want to get the receptionist in trouble?

Once, at the front gate, a girl starts pointing at me saying she knows me. (I never saw her before) I remained quiet. Another girl, who I never saw before, started telling her everything about me: what room I was in, girls I saw, the last girl I saw, my name, everything except that I was, “rude and mean.” I never saw or talked to these two girls before.

My point is that the receptionist told her, not that my information isn’t known by the girls. I don’t think the hotel should be telling anything about me, especially what room I am in!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:12 pm 

Rolleratnight wrote:

Your thoughts please.

No doubt, they were both telling the truth.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:51 pm 

Zunbake3 wrote:
Let Bill know you[r] concerns.

Opie was just interested in stirring up shit, not in having his concerns addressed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:34 am 

Boynton wrote:
Zunbake3 wrote:
Let Bill know you[r] concerns.

Opie was just interested in stirring up shit, not in having his concerns addressed.

How would I let Bill know my concerns? She messaged me after I returned to the USA. In the past I have emailed my concerns about another situation, but I never got a response.

But, if you read my original post, I was asking for feedback if it was worth mentioning or should I let it go. What do you suggest I do? I am not interested in stirring up anything.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:56 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Rolleratnight wrote:

Your thoughts please.

I would be reluctant to stay at a hotel where I know something like this occurred. But you also have to remember that a business owner cannot be 100% responsible for all of their employees actions 24/7/365. You have a limited pool of people to hire from, and someone might turn in the best resume ever, and ace the interview, yet turn out to be a thief 6 months later. Now, if someone does something shady and the owner refuses to fire that person, then yes I would likely boycott that business, especially if the business was a luxury to me (ie I don't get reasonably priced food from there frequently)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:23 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Bill is a member here so I am sure he will address this if he feels it is necessary. I imagine he has a lot of BS to deal with because of hooker crap and privileged men that are used to getting their ass kissed for the almighty dollar.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:56 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

To whom it may concern here,
The girls all talk about their experiences with the guys they encounter. If you mistreat them in any way shape or form of course they are going to talk. And don't be surprised if they are related to someone who works at any hotel for that matter, their family values and relationships are a lot stronger than those in the states because that is the most important thing in their culture. I remember talking with a gal Ive known for years, and she asked how my date with another gal went. I asked her how she knew about that and she replied that she asked about me in the ladies room of the Del Ray. These gals are concerned about their safety so give them a break and be a gentleman, The benefits of being a great guy really pay off in the long run.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:15 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

bigredhotdog wrote:
To whom it may concern here,
The girls all talk about their experiences with the guys they encounter. If you mistreat them in any way shape or form of course they are going to talk. And don't be surprised if they are related to someone who works at any hotel for that matter, their family values and relationships are a lot stronger than those in the states because that is the most important thing in their culture. I remember talking with a gal Ive known for years, and she asked how my date with another gal went. I asked her how she knew about that and she replied that she asked about me in the ladies room of the Del Ray. These gals are concerned about their safety so give them a break and be a gentleman, The benefits of being a great guy really pay off in the long run.

What he said,

At the SL girls talk, ( as they did in the DelRey, Key Largo , Park Hotel and every where else) and exchange info and talk shiiit about other girls and the guys in there. I'm not marrying any of the them , so gossip all they want.

No harm no foul ... as long as I get laid.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 11:43 am 

Rolleratnight wrote:

Your thoughts please.
The real question for me is, did you change rooms, and did she come knocking on your door? If the answer to either is "no", then it is probably only chica gossip.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:29 pm 

GoodDayJohn wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:

Your thoughts please.

The real question for me is, did you change rooms, and did she come knocking on your door? If the answer to either is "no", then it is probably only chica gossip.

Yes, I changed rooms and she knew the one I changed to.

I had already left and was back in the USA when she texted me. Whoever told her didn’t know I had checked-out and left.