www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jungle Bar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:14 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I really like what they've done at Taormina with the new Jungle bar. Grab a tica and find a quiet spot to negotiate.
Anyone else have any comments on the new bar ?

Post subject: Re: Jungle Bar
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:33 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

KyleB wrote:
I really like what they've done at Taormina with the new Jungle bar. Grab a tica and find a quiet spot to negotiate.

What new bar?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:32 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Boynton wrote:
KyleB wrote:

What new bar?

Since you live there you should know. Or are you just being a dick?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 4:59 pm 

grimeswilliam wrote:
Boynton wrote:
KyleB wrote:

What new bar?

Since you live there you should know. Or are you just being a dick?

I'm a dick who lives here

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:30 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

KyleB wrote:

Thanks for at least attempting to start conversation on a newer venue in the gulch. Would seem like it would hold interest to those of us who have never been. Sort of the point of a guide to CR board. What were your take aways and what makes you like it? Is it decorated like a jungle or is that just the name? Tyia

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:56 pm 

pookie2 wrote:
KyleB wrote:

Thanks for at least attempting to start conversation on a newer venue in the gulch. Would seem like it would hold interest to those of us who have never been. Sort of the point of a guide to CR board. What were your take aways and what makes you like it? Is it decorated like a jungle or is that just the name? Tyia

There is a search function that will return hits to posts with info on the Jungle Bar. It is at the top of each screen hidden behind a 'Search' label. If you get a paid VIP membership, you will eventually get access to the VIP Lounge where some lowlife dick started a thread cryptically named "Taormina - The New Jungle Bar" in December 2022 complete with photos.

You may also want to check out the recent threads on Asian MP in Cartago and the Guide to Operating Light Switches in Costa Rica complete with photos, ratings, and contact phone numbers.

Enjoy your trip.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:28 am 

Some people just do not know. I went there 6 days last vacation and didn't even know about the new jungle bar until the 4th night after I asked where of my favorites disappeared to. I told her in text I went look for you where were you at? She said she was in the bar. I said I checked the bar. She said no the downstairs one. I was like what down stairs one? Then went down there and holy shit that bar is amazing.

So it would not surprised me people still do not know about it or even where it is in the building. I've never walked pass the poker room until last trip.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 7:34 pm 

pookie2 wrote:
KyleB wrote:

Make sure you visit Latin Divas / New Fantasy. The place is rocking.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=54402

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:34 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Boynton wrote:
pookie2 wrote:
KyleB wrote:

There is a search function that will return hits to posts with info on the Jungle Bar. It is at the top of each screen hidden behind a 'Search' label. If you get a paid VIP membership, you will eventually get access to the VIP Lounge where some lowlife dick started a thread cryptically named "Taormina - The New Jungle Bar" in December 2022 complete with photos.

You may also want to check out the recent threads on Asian MP in Cartago and the Guide to Operating Light Switches in Costa Rica complete with photos, ratings, and contact phone numbers.

Enjoy your trip.

I did not call you a lowlife dick but if you say so. I've been to CR before and I am familiar enough with the area but know its been changing. So as a guy not living there ( I know there's a LOT of you) its nice to hear guys talk about what's new without having to pay this site or getting a smart alec answer. Doubt there's anything happening better than Colombia and the Phillipines etc. but teho as someone once said.
It sounds like things are picking up again so maybe a trip in the future. If I do the threads with photos and ratings might come in handy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:30 pm 

pookie2 wrote:
I did not call you a lowlife dick but if you say so. I've been to CR before and I am familiar enough with the area but know its been changing. So as a guy not living there ( I know there's a LOT of you) its nice to hear guys talk about what's new without having to pay this site or getting a smart alec answer. Doubt there's anything happening better than Colombia and the Phillipines etc. but teho as someone once said.
It sounds like things are picking up again so maybe a trip in the future. If I do the threads with photos and ratings might come in handy.

Enjoy your trip, punkyb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:41 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Boynton wrote:
pookie2 wrote:

Enjoy your trip, punkyb

I am enjoying mine. I'd ask if you are 12 but I know better. Wonder why this board is dead?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:23 pm 

pookie2 wrote:
Boynton wrote:
pookie2 wrote:

Enjoy your trip, punkyb

I am enjoying mine. I'd ask if you are 12 but I know better. Wonder why this board is dead?

Some of these bitter old bastards are not mindful that some mongers just occasionally come to the website and don't know everything about it. But even they contribute. You just have to ignore the negative comments.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:38 pm 

Well you see grimeybill, cheap lazy bastards come to this fine site and start superfluous threads asking people to consolidate readily available information into redundant threads cluttering the content. Then they complain when people don't cater to their boutique whims and act all butt hurt with comments about how other locations are better and how good the board used to be. If CR sucks, go somewhere else. If you are too lazy to RTFF or cheap to buy access to VIP content, go to the new, living board. I will point out that the pukester2 has yet to post a single fragment of new or useful information.

Just my humble opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:33 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

[/quote]
Some of these bitter old bastards are not mindful that some mongers just occasionally come to the website and don't know everything about it. But even they contribute. You just have to ignore the negative comments.[/quote]

Thanks, I know it must not be great being limited to SS and having to grind out the daily routine just to make sure there's enough shekels to keep food in the fridge. Have no idea but have to imagine he passed north of 300 a long time ago. Maybe has his own barstool he holds court at for all those newbies. Kind of weird to post and find myself being called names for no particular reason other than wanting to know about a newer place but my good fortune is I don't have to live his life! I mean OOH he says I should join vip and see more of his posts and pictures and OTOH he needs to keep the board clean of clutter and redundant questions...guess its his job? Doesn't appear to be a lot of clutter but I guess there wouldn't be with a local know it alls chasing guys off. Bitter indeed wow.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 4:02 am 

pookie2 wrote:
Have no idea but have to imagine

Congrats poo, you finally made some sense.