www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 6:55 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Planning my trip right now was looking at either Taormina or Castillo I understand Castillo has no chica fee & Taormina does. That being said at both hotels do chicas have to sign in at the front desk? and do both have security to make sure you dont get drugged and robbed like another nearby neighboring country

I'm more concerned with what if factors to overensure my safety.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 9:13 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I think they both have signs that say "Drugging and Robbing Gringos Not Allowed".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:02 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I don't recall seeing any posts on this forum about guys getting drugged in CR, nor do I recall reading any articles about it. More likely they would lift something from your suitcase while you are in the bathroom, or you would get robbed on the street, than you would inadvertently ingesting tranquilizers in CR.

What makes Colombia different is that it's far easier to acquire Scopolamine because the plant that is used to synthesize it grows there, whereas in CR it would have to be imported, which is costly. It's probably also easier to get ahold of benzos and other drugs they mix with the scope in Colombia. Less regulation and enforcement there, and the police are even more corrupt. Also the girls that commit the crimes tend to work for larger criminal gangs.

I'm not saying it couldn't happen in CR, but that would be the least of my concerns.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:37 am 

Castillo does NOT check IDs of the women that you might take to your room. They do occasionally check an ID before letting a possible under%g^ chica from entering the bar área. You bring in a guest you are on your own.

If you want a complete vetting of your love interest for the evening, stay at the Sportsmens. They check and récord the ID of every woman coming into the bar. They also check their names against a list of known troublemakers.

The Taormina also checks IDs but it seems They are more interested in collecting the guest fee.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:03 am 

The signs must be working!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:09 am 

I had a chica at the Cocal tell me as I was opening the safe to pay her that she wasn't going to watch me open the safe and remember the combination :shock: By her saying that, she or her friends certainly must do that

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:23 am 

Hank wrote:
I had a chica at the Cocal tell me as I was opening the safe to pay her that she wasn't going to watch me open the safe and remember the combination :shock: By her saying that, she or her friends certainly must do that
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: