www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: La Amistad Changes
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:23 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Boynton wrote:
Tico music and dancing now. If that's your thing, check it out.
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMjFd9Pnf/

Thanks for posting!

P.S. "Tico music" in the sense ticos like that sort of music, absolutely. They're dancing to bachata, which originated in Dominican Republic, now popular worldwide.

That song is "Bailando Bachata" by Chayanne, who is Puertorrican.

Sure looks like ticos dancing though! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:48 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Boynton wrote:
Tico music and dancing now. If that's your thing, check it out.
https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMjFd9Pnf/

Better than EDM or trance IMO, but don't expect to find unaccompanied chicas. I went with my hovia; decent food, drink, and atmosphere. Great prices. A good time was had by all.

Apparently they are wanting more of a Tico crowd there now. I know when they first opened Castillo they were expecting most of the mongers to to go there. Now I guess they are hoping to persuade us to monger at Castillo. In January I was told that Amistad was only for Castillo overflow. I still would have never known different if you had not posted the update about their Facebook page. But as long as it is cheap and chica friendly, I can deal with the music and find my chicas elsewhere.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:53 am 

Matt still owns it. I went talk to Darren last trip, about 6 weeks ago. Same ole same ole expect they dropped the all inclusive and lowered the room prices. So of course still girl-friendly.

I also messaged him week or 2 ago asking for room availability and I believe it was $98 for the penthouse room and said +$4 for breakfast. I believe I use to pay $129-135 for penthouses without all inclusive. So even without all inclusive still a solid deal. I prefer to eat out than at hotel all the time and I don't drink but the food was always amazing there.

Shame to hear about Karol she was one of my favorites. I miss Leo as well, he was amazing front desk guy. Still see Ruth all the time at Castillo.

They should probably post and update on the forums. I haven't seen one.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 2:47 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
For the trip I just retuned from I asked Darren a couple months prior if I could stay at Amistad and purchase all inclusive at Castillo. He said must stay at Castillo for the A.I. which I did for 5 nights. Good as always however still some pesky chicas in there, one even asked if I would buy her some food which I declined since not interested in sessioning with her. I looked up Amistad prices on Hotels.com and super cheap, could have booked the queen for $37/night taxes included. Next trip I will stay at Amistad all nights and purchase my own food and beer.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:46 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I actually called down there tonight. The Amidstad 800 number rings to the Castillo. I called because I haven’t been down lately and saw the really cheap rooms at LA. Wanted to see if I could add inclusive but was told no. But it didn’t seem like I wouldn’t be welcome at LA. The loft penthouse was like $75. Love that space but love the inclusive more!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:46 pm 

BostonTraveller wrote:
I actually called down there tonight. The Amidstad 800 number rings to the Castillo. I called because I haven’t been down lately and saw the really cheap rooms at LA. Wanted to see if I could add inclusive but was told no. But it didn’t seem like I wouldn’t be welcome at LA. The loft penthouse was like $75. Love that space but love the inclusive more!

La Amistad is still an option for us being all adult chica friendly. I am still puzzled why they don't announce the re-opening on here or post on Facebook in English but it is probably better for me the way it is now. If it became a hot spot the room prices would probably go up and the pestering hookers would hang out there. I booked a room including tax and the 4% credit card surcharge for less than $40 a night. I am fine with rice & beans and I don't need to drink much while down there since I smoke a lot. Last trip I stayed at HLH and my food and drinks cost me less than $20 a day. Also, I prefer the lounge atmosphere of Amistad over the sports bar atmosphere at Castillo. And being able to sit on the patio is a plus for me. It probably is better to be our secret.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:19 am 

Just be prepared for the occasional drag night when Marshall's Steakhouse becomes Hamburger Mary's. :shock: :D :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:09 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Boynton wrote:
Just be prepared for the occasional drag night when Marshall's Steakhouse becomes Hamburger Mary's. :shock: :D :lol:

If you accidentally drop your CRT card on the floor there (on Hamburger Mary's night).. it might be a good idea to look both ways, before bending over to pick it up :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:21 am 

Just got back from a trip yesterday 10/01/2023. Was same ole same ole other than all inclusive is gone but not a big deal for me. Rooms are a lot cheaper too. Penhouse I use to get for $119 without tax was around $75 with tax so honestly a great deal.
Matt was bartending a few nights so that was fun as well. Same maids and food still great.
They opened a little convenience store(Similar to a Musi) right across the railroad tracks. So that is really nice for picking up items extremely close.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 12:42 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Is Amistad open? Tried to call several times this morning, no answer.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:22 pm 

YES Still Open. I believe the calls go to the Castillo.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:06 pm 

I just finished a stay at La Amistad. It was an excellent option for a cheap chica friendly hotel in a great location. I paid $38.33 a night including tax and breakfast. I bought my food and drinks at outside locations because the prices at the hotel were considerably higher than other local spots. If you like to eat steaks and drink a lot you are probably better off with the all-inclusive at Castillo. The vibe there is very different than pre covid. Mostly locals hangout there now. If you like chatting with fellow mongers this might not be the place for you. There were mongers staying there but apparently, they were going to other places to spend time. I rarely saw them in the bar area.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:39 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

grimeswilliam wrote:
I paid $38.33 a night including tax and breakfast.

How were you able to get those rates? the cheapest on their site is $89

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:57 pm 

LofterB wrote:
grimeswilliam wrote:

Read the first post in the thread.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 4:05 pm 

LofterB wrote:
grimeswilliam wrote:

Click on the "reservation request" link and you will see rates start at 20K colones including tax. Maybe they will get around to fully updating their website someday. Most everything in Costa Rica takes way longer than in the USA.