www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:45 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Anyone have any reviews or know if this hotel is chica friendly/is there a guest fee? Going for a week for work and only allowed to stay at certain hotels (Hilton mainly).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 5:52 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

You will get shut down hard. Not at all friendly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 6:06 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Party in a separate, short term hotel. La Oficina is near the pickup hotels, Hotel Solo Bueno Deluxe is near Sabana. Use Uber to get to each.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:22 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Good to know, my options are Hilton la Sabana and Gran Curio. Looks like I will need to find an alternative spot!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 7:32 pm 

The Gran Hotel is certainly closer to the action and has much more atmosphere. You won't be bringing any working girls inside, but easy to find places nearby.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:31 pm 

Slackedjaw28 wrote:
Anyone have any reviews or know if this hotel is chica friendly/is there a guest fee? Going for a week for work and only allowed to stay at certain hotels (Hilton mainly).

I'm not joking, I had one of mine eons ago show up in a business suit (I bought for her), glasses, hair pulled back and briefcase, no makeup nerdy looking, low heels, asked in advance if I can have my immigration lawyer go over my documents with me I'm having a problem, waved her in, lol... 8)

Doesn't hurt to ask, tell them that's the main reason you're in town, mine wore glasses anyway. I did it in a downtown hotel I went to for a day because I made an error on my HDR reservation and they and SL were booked, so Hilton may still say no, it was a laid back hotel, but a family hotel, forgot the name.

You can get away with just about anything I discovered decades ago if you dress well, lol... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:49 pm 

Netgems wrote:
Slackedjaw28 wrote:

I'm not joking, I had one of mine eons ago show up in a business suit (I bought for her), glasses, hair pulled back and briefcase, no makeup nerdy looking, low heels, asked in advance if I can have my immigration lawyer go over my documents with me I'm having a problem, waved her in, lol... 8)

Doesn't hurt to ask, tell them that's the main reason you're in town, mine wore glasses anyway. I did it in a downtown hotel I went to for a day because I made an error on my HDR reservation and they and SL were booked, so Hilton may still say no, it was a laid back hotel, but a family hotel, forgot the name.

You can get away with just about anything I discovered decades ago if you dress well, lol... :mrgreen:[/quote]

Hope that you got your immigration status arranged, among other things. Brilliant!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:50 pm 

Slackedjaw28 wrote:

Try Barcelo Hotel. It was chica friendly last summer. They didn't even check ID. I didn't see anyone else bringing in chicas but I had a different chica every day. Rooms are reasonably priced with a very nice free breakfast buffett. Front desk even called my room to let me know a chica had arrived! At night a very nice bar with live entertainment

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 4:51 pm 

Jawanker inquired;

Hope that you got your immigration status arranged, among other things. Brilliant![/quote]

Thanks, Jawanker,

Actually I hired immigration lawyers here to handle that.

It cost a few G's, but five years later I'm now a Tico, I got permanent residency.

A friend of mine mocked me for blowing a wad on all that, he did it himself but went through hell and frustration and aggravation and uncertainty the entire time, and he had to do some documents over a second time because he screwed up the first time :oops: .

I told him I don't pay people to do what I can do, I reviewed all of what was needed and it didn't seem all that difficult, but Costa Rica and Ticos are. I pay people to put up with the bs and aggravation for me... :mrgreen:

Even though I'm retired, I still work part time in my field I was in before retiring, on the computer at night. I rarely go out past 7 pm these days, anyway, plenty of mischief to get into in the day time and lower chance of being mugged...

When he told me the hours he put in and the stories of non stop screwing up, confusion and idiocy, I calculated I made more for the same hours (and how do you put a price on enduring non stop frustrating and annoying nonsense?) than I would have saved doing it, and I was doing things I know and know the outcomes and when they'll outcome... :lol:

She did, however, since I had been in the USA several months since my last visit, take care of my "Incel" problem... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:28 am 

Slackedjaw28 wrote:

It's not chica friendly like SL or Taormina, in the sense you won't find chicas onsite or have a parade of hoes coming up to your room.

THAT SAID... these days I only come down to SJO for work reasons and stay at the Hilton Sabana (or the Hilton Gardens), most recently in January. What I do is I register one (and only one) of my long-time trusted favoritas, then they come over to stay with me. No problem then (this doesn't work for everyone for obvious reasons, but it has for me for years now).

I've also taken a room at one of our usual haunts to "play" in while I'm staying at the Hilton.

The Hilton Sabana has a nice (US price$) bar on the 18th floor with killer night time views from the terrace.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:36 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Has worked for me many times. Enter the hotel about ten or fifteen minutes ahead or behind of your date. Then have her come in later or before you and head for the bar or restaurant especially effective when they are on an upper floor. Eat drink be merry and when done head for your room. I have yet to see the hotel turn away what they perceive as a paying guest. If it's on the same floor in the time it takes to eat or drink they seem to forget about you and I'm guessing they just figure you are checked in together. Also classy looking beats trampy at all times.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:26 pm 

Miamiheller wrote:
Slackedjaw28 wrote:

It's not chica friendly like SL or Taormina, in the sense you won't find chicas onsite or have a parade of hoes coming up to your room.

THAT SAID... these days I only come down to SJO for work reasons and stay at the Hilton Sabana (or the Hilton Gardens), most recently in January. What I do is I register one (and only one) of my long-time trusted favoritas, then they come over to stay with me. No problem then (this doesn't work for everyone for obvious reasons, but it has for me for years now).

I've also taken a room at one of our usual haunts to "play" in while I'm staying at the Hilton.

The Hilton Sabana has a nice (US price$) bar on the 18th floor with killer night time views from the terrace.

BRILLIANT!!! You beat me! And you didn't even have to buy a woman's business outfit and (cheap) briefcase like I did... :oops:

Next time you come to the Hilton, pm me, I'm a 10 minute Uber ride away. I always wondered if there was a restaurant on the top floor there like Holiday Inn downtown. I'm sure it's not cheap. Next time I have some excess jingle in my pocket I'll see about lunch there.

I bet the view is breathtaking, especially at night. If I go at night, I better get ready, I'm usually shut in after 6 pm, plenty of mischief to do in the daytime...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 3:22 pm 

Netgems wrote:
I bet the view is breathtaking, especially at night. If I go at night, I better get ready, I'm usually shut in after 6 pm, plenty of mischief to do in the daytime...

Plan on needing reservations and avoid the weekends. A lot of the draw for this place is the view and the dining room can be a bit cavernous. You could end up overlooking the National Stadium or the Scotiabank. Cocktails will run about c10mil ($20) and an Imperial c4mil ($8). Dinners run from c15mil ($30) for a burger to c35mil ($70) for an imported steak. I had my hovia make the reservations and she got good seats, dropped c150mil ($300) on dinner and drinks.

Later in the evening, a good place for drinks and apps. Nice for a splurge or expense account. Food is better at Enboca, but no view.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:15 pm 

Netgems wrote:
Next time you come to the Hilton, pm me, I'm a 10 minute Uber ride away. I always wondered if there was a restaurant on the top floor there like Holiday Inn downtown. I'm sure it's not cheap. Next time I have some excess jingle in my pocket I'll see about lunch there.

Will do, buddy.

The restaurant is actually on the 18th floor (same as the bar and reception/check in). The indoor pool is on the top floor, and it does have quite the view!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:19 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I know a chica that often post pics of herself at Sheraton in Escazu.