www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jaco Hotel Ideas
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:31 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Been many years since I used to visit Jaco (more than 10 now). I'm going back for several days in a couple weeks.

Years ago I used to stay at Canciones Del Mar on the beach. I liked it because it was on the beach, pretty nice hotel, easy access to the Beatle Bar and the main street etc..etc.. On a Google search it says Canciones del Mar is "permanently closed". Wondering if there's a new hotel in the same spot or if not what other hotels would be suggested that are on the beach, relatively nice and a bit of a quiet atmosphere. Budget is not really an issue.
I'm not interested in Cocal or any rowdy type place. Thx.

Post subject: Re: Jaco Hotel Ideas
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 6:01 am 

Canciones del Mar is now Hotel Jaco. Very nice place to stay. Rooms all recently remodeled. Totally guest friendly but as always verify current status when making reservation. Last time I looked prices were close to Cocal prices but you get a much nicer and larger room.

I did a review further down in this thread a while ago. When I stayed there it was much less expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 12:16 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

BondTrader wrote:
Been many years since I used to visit Jaco (more than 10 now). I'm going back for several days in a couple weeks.

Years ago I used to stay at Canciones Del Mar on the beach. I liked it because it was on the beach, pretty nice hotel, easy access to the Beatle Bar and the main street etc..etc.. On a Google search it says Canciones del Mar is "permanently closed". Wondering if there's a new hotel in the same spot or if not what other hotels would be suggested that are on the beach, relatively nice and a bit of a quiet atmosphere. Budget is not really an issue.
I'm not interested in Cocal or any rowdy type place. Thx.

If budget isn't an issue, I stayed here in November 2022:

https://vistamarcondos.com/vacation-rental-condos/

The condos over look the Cocal pool and bar where 200 chicas will be waiting for you. Just walk down and pick one or 2 or 3. Very nice, had the time of my life. You can hear the pool/bar music until about 2am tho then they shut things down.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 8:46 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Wow, checked Vista Mar Condos, pricey indeed! I couldn’t imagine spending $800-$1200 a night for a condo, with it just overlooking another hotel’s pool and not ocean, and having bar noise until 2 AM. None of that makes sense, lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2023 3:14 pm 

The Vista Mar is great to bring a chica into.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 12:48 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

TyroneChadwick wrote:
Wow, checked Vista Mar Condos, pricey indeed! I couldn’t imagine spending $800-$1200 a night for a condo, with it just overlooking another hotel’s pool and not ocean, and having bar noise until 2 AM. None of that makes sense, lol

What? You're not banging until 2am or 4am? There is no sleep in CR.

Vista Mar does overlook the beach as it is 5 stories high and the cost should be split amongst your wingmen.

During my stay, I enjoyed sitting on the balcony with a cocktail as I watched the endless stream of chicas arrive by taxi, bus, bicicleta and skateboard. Some, directly below our balcony would call up to us wanting to come up, we would yell down, "muestrame tus tetas y veremos" and they would flash us their titties and ass.

You should experience the condos at least once. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Jaco. You will thank me.

I will post a balcony shot.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 3:09 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I stayed at Vista Mar last weekend. I always stay at the condos, it's worth every penny. I get it, it is expensive if you are paying for the whole condo yourself but extremely reasonable if you split with 2 other mongers. 3 bedrooms per condo come down to a little over 200 each. A steal for what you get. Easily share time with 2 different amigas a day if you wish, I do and I can tell you I have a smile for months after I return to work.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 2:36 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I rented an airbnb for $70 a night last month.

Just ask the owners prior to booking if you can bring unregistered guests back to your place. Most will say no - but there are a few that don't care.

:)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:44 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Anyone familiar with the
“The Palms” condos on the Roth end of strip? Any reviews ?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:30 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

sangnyc21 wrote:
Anyone familiar with the
“The Palms” condos on the Roth end of strip? Any reviews ?

I stayed at the Palms last year in September for four nights. I stayed in a two-bedroom suite on the fifth floor, for $150/night. Great room with full kitchen, large living room area with two couches, balcony, laundry, great views. It's right smack dab on the beach.

The downside is that their un-registered guest policy is after 10pm. I didn't push it, but seemed to me that you could bro it up with the security dudes and bend the rules. I did bring two girls back with me one night and it was no problem (they sign in at security).

Location is convenient to Cocal (five minute taxi ride), or 20 minute walk to restaurants. I ended up renting a scooter which made things more fun.

The Palms is adjacent to Crocs which is a higher-end hotel connected to the Palms. Crocs has a nice restaurant, coffee shop, etc.

Two minor downsides to note: the closets did not have any hangers and when I called management to get some this seemed impossible to get some. Also the plumbing worked fine, but the hot water made a really loud racket. Ah, CR!