www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Airfares From TX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 7:55 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Anyone finding any good airfares from TX in early July or earlier say from mid May? Best I can find is around $1000 on SW and AA! Unreal never seen airfares like this! :cry:

I can get a little lower if go Wednesday to Wednesday however not much still $880! :evil:

Post subject: Re: Airfares From TX
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:27 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I subscribe to going.com, which was ScottscheapTravel. You can subscribe or get the free version, but net is that is will constantly scour for good deals and then let you know. It sees quick changes and as well drops or lifts. Been the best service I have used to get travel discounts - many unrestricted.

Though to be honest, my flight in March is on points, but my November trip I think was $430 round trip from Houston to San Jose before taxes. I have seen typically $600 or so on average up to as you see $1,000. It is all timing and watching. Being in Houston I am a United person (million-miler, etc) so I tend to stick to that airline.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:33 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I fly out of Austin. I am a CR resident, so I go back and forth several times a year. There is good news for you, as Copa will start flying to/from Austin in June. Good airline, tied to United, should be priced better than the usually suspects, with a free layover in PTY if you want.
Southwest has gone nuts on their fares, I guess they're trying to cover their losses due to their malfunctioning system debacle. Then, if desperation sets in, there's Spirit.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 11:21 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I just Check SWA website, if you fly out Monday May 15 come back Wednesday, May 24 is $521. The reason I check the price because I’m coming down in mid-may I bought my ticket in January for week Monday to Monday for $381. With one stop Dal-Hou-Sjo.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:03 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I just saw that Copa out of Austin through Panama on going.com. They had the rate at $349 round trip before taxes - booked via Google Flights. Leaving late in July they had it as low as $374 roundtrip depending on the return of course. They had $600's in May (SWA is not listed of course), but no Copa so maybe they start that route up in July or late June. I am sure all other flights will start dropping when this segment gets going.

www.google.com/travel/flights

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:02 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Puro Party wrote:
Anyone finding any good airfares from TX in early July or earlier say from mid May? Best I can find is around $1000 on SW and AA! Unreal never seen airfares like this! :cry:

I can get a little lower if go Wednesday to Wednesday however not much still $880! :evil:

I'm not coming From TX, However my last few roll calls, I have mentioned the higher airline prices, seems those deals during Covid are not coming back, fuel prices are still high but have come down some but yet no relief on these airline prices.

The 2-4 month prior booking window and like you said picking Tuesday and Wednesdays helps some but even just recently pricing a Delta Flight from Columbus later this summer in July are around $1200+ for main cabin for my usual 10 day trip.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:36 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
loufa1 wrote:
I fly out of Austin. I am a CR resident, so I go back and forth several times a year. There is good news for you, as Copa will start flying to/from Austin in June. Good airline, tied to United, should be priced better than the usually suspects, with a free layover in PTY if you want.
Southwest has gone nuts on their fares, I guess they're trying to cover their losses due to their malfunctioning system debacle. Then, if desperation sets in, there's Spirit.

Copa will be a great alternative!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:43 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

If you can fly to Cancun for a decent fare on SW, AA, Spirit, Frontier, then you can get a direct flight from CUN to SJO for cheap on Volaris. I recently flew a chica from SJO to CUN. After 5 days in Playa del Carmen, she flew back to SJO and I flew Spirit back to DFW for $112.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:33 am 

Never used Volaris but while looking for a trip to Cancun I saw on TripAdvisor they had about 3000 "Terrible" ratings, the lowest.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:26 am 

I have flown 3 chicas to CUN over the past 3 years. It was a direct flight about $ 440 RT and none of them complained and flight was on time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 9:55 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I have no complaints about Volaris except we had to wear a mask on the plane (Labor Day 2022). The chica I had in tow switched from a carry on bag to checked with no added cost. We stayed at Barcelo Hotel in San Jose for 2 days at Hank's suggestion. Worked out great with their free shuttle to the airport. Her RT flight was about $279 with bag and my one way flight was less than half that without bag. I travel light.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 5:56 am 

One thing I found is that the price is right. 60% of what Copa charges. And it's nonstop.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:50 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Whitecat wrote:
One thing I found is that the price is right. 60% of what Copa charges. And it's nonstop.

When in doubt, buy the cheapest!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 2:25 pm 

Being retired has its advantages. I usually fly Delta to San Jose as I have status and can usually get upgrades and use their flexible date option to fare search. I wanted to do a mid-May trip and the fares ranged for $650 to $1300 for economy. There was only one $650 fare and it departed on Sunday and returned 10 days later on Wednesday. I was originally looking for an eight night fare but decided to stay a couple more days and save the $$$. If you can be flexible with your dates you can definitely save.

Another site that I use when doing an initial flight search is https://matrix.itasoftware.com/search. You can do a flexible date search by just putting in a start date and a trip duration. It searches across most airlines (Southwest is not there) and you can easily filter the results to find something that works for you. Be advised all of the ancillary charges that the budget airlines throw at you are not part of the price shown.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:54 pm 

July 8-13 or 10-15 for $436 on Copa

https://www.google.com/travel/flights/s ... Zz09&hl=en

Click the PRICE GRAPH and adjust dates and length of stay to get all prices.