www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Caribbean Coast
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:23 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I have been to CR a bunch but never to the Caribbean side. I have heard different things such as high crime, etc. Any info is greatly appreciated. Is it safe? Where's the best places to stay? Are the Ticas hot as in San Jose and Jaco? What's the best way to get there?

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: Caribbean Coast
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:53 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

If you go to Limon, you will find a lot of crime and dodgey characters. It's not a pretty town but neither is San Jose.

Puerto Viejo on the other hand is a laid back smaller town with a nice Caribbean vibe. No obvious P4P like you find in Jaco or San Jose but it is there. If you are younger and handsome you might have luck with the Euro tourists that visit. PreCovid there was a great party atmosphere in the bars along the main drag.

Accommodations are a bit more spartan than San Jose and you need to verify that your hotel has AC. My first trip all my hotel had was a smaller fan and I had to move after the first day. It does get hot and it can be very humid.

PV has some great beach areas and nearby Cahuita has two excellent beaches Playa Blanca and Playa Vargas. Punta Uva is also nice.

If you are looking to kick back and relax, get some beach time and party a bit, the east coast is a great trip for a few days. If you are looking for point and shoot mongering, stick to San Jose and Jaco.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:45 am 

In addition to HD's info, be aware that the rain pattern on the Caribbean coast is opposite the Central Valley, Pacific Coast. In other words, it dryer when the rest of the country is wet and wetter when dry everywhere else. Also, while most of the country gets trade wing weather (morning sun, afternoon rain) the Caribbean is more front related. When it rains, it is heavy and all day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:10 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Thanks! Very helpful. Think I will wait a while before venturing there

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:03 pm 

norm2081 wrote:
Are the Ticas hot as in San Jose and Jaco?

What Ticas?

One doesn't go to the Caribbean to P4P. There is little to none of that there. The only type of P*ssy you will likely find there is the kind on 4 legs. I'm referring here to the Puerto Viejo area of the Caribbean. I can't speak for Limon because it is the most crime-ridden town in CR and if you're driving there then as soon as I hit Limon I turn right on the coastal route and haul ass out of there. Once you're down in the PV area it is Fabulous. It's really great if you're a nature lover. The town of PV itself has a reputation of common crimes but probably not any worse than most places. It's a nice little town with some great restaurants and if you use basic common sense it's very safe. I myself mostly hang out in Cahuita, Cocles, Punta Uva and Manzanillo and after the OSA that part of CR is my favorite. But again, I go there for nature activities and not P4P.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:49 pm 

Like Bond Trader said go there for the nature and atmosphere. I have heard that many young girls from the US would go there and maybe hook up with the young ticos. Not sure if they still do. I did see a lot of young women from Europe and the US there in 2016 but I am too old for them and did not even try to hook one.

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET