www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:50 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Singapore Air, one of my favorite airlines is having a Black Friday sale. You can book tickets pretty far out - all travel has to be completed by October 31, 2023. In addition if you have an Amex Card you can sign up to get a $300 statement credit for booking on Singapore Air before December 31. They have some pretty aggressive prices to Europe and Asia on sale.

They have an option during the flight search to look for multiple dates in your timeframe so it is pretty easy to find the cheapest fares. If you want to spend some time in Singapore before heading somewhere else then use the multi-city option. The stop-over or the return from an alternate airport didn't cost me any more than a roundtrip to SGN would have cost. Me flying to Singapore then Saigon then returning from Bangkok was actually cheaper than just doing a return from SIN.

I was able to book a Business class flight, flying into Singapore leaving October 2, 2023, staying a couple of days then onward to Saigon. I set up the return to come back from Bangkok on October 31. I will probably stay in Saigon a week then catch a flight or a bus to Phnom Penh stay a few days, then use some miles to fly into Bangkok.

The only downside is that I could not book to leave from my home city so I will have to book a return on United to get to and from Newark airport. That will force me to pack sparingly as I will have to carry on so I don't have to claim my bags in Newark before proceeding. I will be on that EWR to SIN flight that is over 18 hours, one of the longest in the world. Looking forward to it.

I know this is really VERY early to book an October trip but I can't see flight prices going down in the next 12 months or so. That said, since I pulled the trigger already the prices will probably plummet.

The sample prices listed below are the LOWEST available. Other cities also on sale. My Saigon flight was the same as the Bangkok flight.

Frankfurt

Economy $549*
Premium Economy $989*
Business $2,089*

Manchester

Economy $689*
Premium Economy $1,089*
Business $3,089*

Bali

Economy $729*
Premium Economy $1,029*
Business $3,499*