www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:35 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Have flown on Delta, AA, Copa, Avianca, TACA etc...over the years but never flown on AeroMexico from LAX to SJO. They seem to offer some of the better fares these days and wondering, in general, if you have any strong opinions about this airline. Thx.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:06 pm 

I have flown them many times and think they are excellent. Excellent fares. Not lik AA and Delta. Never had a problem. Upgrading to first class is not double plus as in other airlines. Beautiful first class salon in Mexico City.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:47 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

International transfer in MEX is like like international transfer in the US, i.e., doesn't really exist. You have to clear Mexican immigration and customs before proceeding on to SJO.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:12 pm 

catbert55 wrote:
International transfer in MEX is like like international transfer in the US, i.e., doesn't really exist. You have to clear Mexican immigration and customs before proceeding on to SJO.

Same as in US. If you land in US on way to another country you have to go through customs and immigration. At least in most airports. I'm from Canada and have had that experience many times. Going through other countries in transit is a breeze compared to the US.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:31 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Zeos wrote:
catbert55 wrote:

Same as in US. If you land in US on way to another country you have to go through customs and immigration. At least in most airports. I'm from Canada and have had that experience many times. Going through other countries in transit is a breeze compared to the US.

My point is that when you transfer in MEX you won't be doing an international transfer. You have to enter Mexico by going through immigration and customs, just like you do in the US. International transfers are most definitely not a breeze in MEX.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:34 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Aero Mexico planes are decent, although like the ladies at the Rey, most have seen too many miles. The surcharge on business class can be worth it, the seats are 50% larger. If you are transiting through Mexico City, sometimes it can be easy, sometimes it can be brutal. As others have mentioned, you have to go through immigration to get on your next flight. Also, the baggage rules seem to change all the time. I have had flights where I picked up my bags in San Jose. Other times I had to grab my suitcase from the luggage carousel and re-check it at the connection desk. I also missed a connection because their security people couldn't figure out simple math and thought $50 in Colones was thousands of USD. If your flight coincides with too many others, you might have to wait 2 hours in line just to clear customs. Now when I fly there, I make sure to have at least 3 hours to connect.