www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:37 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Typically I stay in Jaco, which is still super great, but travel to San Jose and stay at one of the hotels near the airport the night before my return flight, as I like to have some good bye costa rica action. Any suggestion for a guest friendly hotel within 15 min of the airport?

Any suggestions would be welcome, thank you everyone!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:54 am 

No idea about super close to the airport hopefully others can help, but I would recommend Little Havana in SJ. Recently I had a great room for $50ish a night and its a 2 minute walk to Taormina. You can pull great talent at either place and when you wake up its no more than 30 minutes from the airport. Good luck mi amigo.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:11 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

magictrain wrote:
Typically I stay in Jaco, which is still super great, but travel to San Jose and stay at one of the hotels near the airport the night before my return flight, as I like to have some good bye costa rica action. Any suggestion for a guest friendly hotel within 15 min of the airport?

Problem is that one person's experience is not necessarily the next person's experience when it comes to guests. The only way to know is to ask before you reserve the room.

I would not want to rely on someone's one-off experience to say that a hotel is or is not guest friendly. What you get away with one time says nothing about the policy of the hotel. For example, someone said that A-loft in Santa Ana was okay with a guest. Someone else said not. Hotels change their policy on this, and different people work at the front desk, or doormen...who knows. But the only way to be sure is to have it in writing from the hotel when you book.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:22 am 

With the completion of the road construction, the gulch is now only 30m from the airport with only a slight delay at the toll booth. I recommend staying at one of the normal suspects so you don't need to worry about guest policies at another hotel. Plus the convenience of pulling talent should make up for the slightly longer trip to the airport.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:54 pm 

odlyprincess wrote:
Nothing onsite SJC is still mostly a regional airport, but all the hotels have shuttles. If I stay AT the airport it is usually the Hyatt House or Marriott Residence Inn. Other than that I stay in Downtown, which is only 4 miles away. I'd recommend Hyatt House. Fantastic breakfast. Close to amenities. Helpful staff. Spacious room with everything needed - we stayed in the self catered apartment but enjoyed an evening meal and breakfast buffet. Comfortable furniture. I even found the sofa (here) that was in the room. Thinking to order it for my house. Overall, would stay again.

That would be great if he was going to San Jose, California but the OP is coming to San Jose COSTA RICA.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:06 pm 

magictrain wrote:

Concur with the prevalent "stay in the Gulch" opinion.

The only way I would consider staying close to the airport is if I'm in San Jose for work OR my provider is already with me OR I have a hookup who lives in Alajuela or Cariari. :mrgreen:

Not easy to get a chica to agree to go all the way from the Gulch to the airport area for a session - unless she lives out there. And if you're going to be hunting in the Gulch anyway, why not stay in the Gulch?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:05 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Kbdb2488 wrote:
No idea about super close to the airport hopefully others can help, but I would recommend Little Havana in SJ. Recently I had a great room for $50ish a night and its a 2 minute walk to Taormina. You can pull great talent at either place and when you wake up its no more than 30 minutes from the airport. Good luck mi amigo.

I have been told by two tica friends not to stay here because safety. What are your thoughts on the neighborhood?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:39 pm 

Depauw2004 wrote:
Kbdb2488 wrote:

I have been told by two tica friends not to stay here because safety. What are your thoughts on the neighborhood?

At night I had no issue walking the 2 minutes to Taormina and back, with or without entertainment accompanying me. Any further I would Uber. During the day I walked all over the area. Even walked to and from Monicas once and was never bothered or even acknowledged by locals. Be aware and not overly intoxicated.