www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:48 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Are there any nice AirBnbs in gringo gulch that offer good value for money and are new plus not in a sketchy area? Can stay in Paseo Colon or airport area too.
I don't care whether chicas are allowed or not but it would be good to have an alternative to hotels that of late have become stupidly expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:01 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Now wait a mahgawd darned minute ......

mahgawd wrote:
Are there any nice AirBnbs in gringo gulch that offer good value for money and are new plus not in a sketchy area? Can stay in Paseo Colon or airport area too.
I don't care whether chicas are allowed or not but it would be good to have an alternative to hotels that of late have become stupidly expensive.

The cognitive dissonance is deafening

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53718
mahgawd wrote:
I started visiting CR a decade ago. The years from 2010 to 2015 were fantastic. So many women to choose from. Then the decline started and quickly things became ugly and dismal by 2017 but i loved the country so kept coming. Things were looking a bit better in 2018 and 2019 before covid struck. This was also the time when everyone switched over to Medellin.
The current trip is the worst i ever had - much worse than trip 6 months ago. On a friday afternoon, HDR had a grand total of 2 chicas and 2 clients. Friday evening at 7 pm there were may be 15 girls, not one of them was worth talking to. Taormina has been a bit better but overall a disaster. All girls insist on 100, hardly anyone speaks English and almost none is easy on the eyes. I am very very very picky I admit but the current crop is hopeless. Monicas is still doing quite good, always found one or two do able girls, same at relax but having sex in pension is more like scratching the itch. None of the girls there speak english. I didnt find a single girl to bring to my room during my stay in CR. WHAT A SHIT SHOW AND WASTE OF MONEY.
And then I arrived in Medellin.
Phuck me - why i didnt switch earlier. It i so much better here - it is like switching from analogue to digital.
Goodbye CR I am out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:22 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Most tourists to CR visit for what it is - a tropical paradise, not just for mongering. That includes me.
Now, if anyone has stayed in a decent airbnb in gringo gulch please do post here. Don't want to stay in a totally unfamiliar area.
I did meet some people last time who were very happy with a brand new building in near coca cola. It was less than $45 a day but I would avoid that area.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:37 am 

mahgawd wrote:
Most tourists to CR visit for what it is - a tropical paradise, not just for mongering. That includes me.
Now, if anyone has stayed in a decent airbnb in gringo gulch please do post here. Don't want to stay in a totally unfamiliar area.
I did meet some people last time who were very happy with a brand new building in near coca cola. It was less than $45 a day but I would avoid that area.

Those tourists are looking for someplace other than the gringo gulch (aka, sweaty crotch of the nation) to stay. Two months from "I'm outta this shithole" to "Anybody know an AirBNB". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by Boynton on Fri Jul 29, 2022 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:02 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

mahgawd wrote:

Download and search the app https://www.airbnb.com/

Ask the host lots of questions when inquiring about something that interests you

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 11:07 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

The area around Parque La Sabana has a lot of nice AirBNB rentals

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2022 3:07 pm 

TF74 wrote:
mahgawd wrote:

It's really easy to search on Airbnb for what you are looking for, if you don't care whether they are chica friendly. I've stayed in several. No point in mentioning any because what is avsilable changes as guests and bookings come and go.

Download and search the app https://www.airbnb.com/

Ask the host lots of questions when inquiring about something that interests you