www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:35 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I'm planning a two week trip, but will need to work from my hotel midweek the first of the two weeks. I'll need good consistent internet. I know it must exist, but I haven't experienced it on previous trips. Can anyone recommend a place that you could hold Teams/Zoom meetings? The hotel does not need to be guest friendly, as I'll just book it for a few nights.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:34 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Deafcon wrote:
I'm planning a two week trip, but will need to work from my hotel midweek the first of the two weeks. I'll need good consistent internet. I know it must exist, but I haven't experienced it on previous trips. Can anyone recommend a place that you could hold Teams/Zoom meetings? The hotel does not need to be guest friendly, as I'll just book it for a few nights.

If you really need reliable internet and don't need a place that is guest friendly necessarily, then I would recommend the Park Inn. It's a nice hotel and it's still close to the whoring spots. Maybe look into an Airbnb also. I have never had an issue with the wifi signal while staying in a Airbnb while in San Jose, but check with the host about the signal strength before you book anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:46 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Another option is the coworking space Selina. It is about a block from Sportsmans. They have daily hot desks and meeting rooms that could be used for video calls. They have enough confidence they post their wifi speed. https://www.selina.com/costa-rica/san-jose/

It is also a hostel that attracts the backpacking crowd. I would have a cover story ready about staying somewhere besides Sportsmans or the like.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:01 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Sleep Inn Paseo Las Damas in downtown Jose.
On their website listing the hotel various features under wifi.
They specifically say 200mbs.
I have NOT personally used the wifi
at Sleep Inn. 
Just mentioning as fyi for a maybe their wifi is strong or not...

link to Sleep Inn san jose
https://www.sleepinnsanjose.com/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:44 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

The Intercontinental in Escazu, both Marriotts in Avenida Escazu, and both Hiltons in Sabana have decent wifi (I've worked part- or fulltime from all of the above). But they aren't exactly guest friendly. Discretion is the name of the game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 6:45 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

The SL in the mansion wing has good WiFi, the Taormina has ok WiFi, the Castillo has very spotty WiFi.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2022 8:34 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

catbert55 wrote:
The SL in the mansion wing has good WiFi, the Taormina has ok WiFi, the Castillo has very spotty WiFi.

I have experienced the WiFi at both Castillo and Taormina, and neither suits my needs. The bar at the SL is cool to hang at, but I've never stayed there because their rooms are priced at a premium vs other similar offerings.

Honestly, I'd rather stay at a more traditional hotel for the couple of days I'd need to be working. MiamiHeller mentions a couple of Hiltons above, so that is probably where I'll end up if this trip materializes. I can use points there.

Thanks to all who responded.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:24 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

You may also want to look at AirBNBs. I've stayed at a few near Parque Sabana and all have had great WiFi. Guest access is typically possible as long as you're discrete.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 2:41 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

catbert55 wrote:
You may also want to look at AirBNBs. I've stayed at a few near Parque Sabana and all have had great WiFi. Guest access is typically possible as long as you're discrete.

Torres del Lago airbnb's strictly no guests, no way in without going through a gate, and guard will check on your registration and she can get in only if she was originally registered as a guest.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:35 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

When I was shopping for a long term apartment, I looked at Torres del Lago. Glad I didn't end up there.

Zeos wrote:
catbert55 wrote:

Torres del Lago airbnb's strictly no guests, no way in without going through a gate, and guard will check on your registration and she can get in only if she was originally registered as a guest.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:52 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Deafcon there are many Airbnb that allow guests and have excellent WIFI do your own research on the app you can find 1 you like and never have to worry about moving hotel to hotel.

I personally myself have used these internet connections with a VPN and had no interruptions while working 8 hour shift remotely in the Rorhmoser area this helps me extends my trips for a few days and save PTO while I enjoy all the young Puta's :mrgreen:

ask the host if you can have guests, ask in regards that you have some expat friends you know who live in Costa Rica an will visit keep is brief and simple., Make the reservation for 2 guests , most hosts you never meet in person anyways.

I have been staying Airbnb last 2 trips and so far enjoy it more than the Gulch hotels and never had any issue with bringing in girls I ask them to dress casual and meet them downstairs upon arrival ... I also don't look old enough to be their grandfather either 8)