www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Hotel Help -San Jose
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:34 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Goboy wrote:
Register for 2, and have her name and cedula on your reservation. Should work.

Register for 2, and have her name and cedula on your reservation. Should work. [/quote]

This might work at some hotels. Others might be pricks. Check the fine print.

Once, I had reserved a room for two. But at registration they said the second person had to be present with me to be a registered guest. Un-registered guests would be a $35 fee each visit.[/quote]

They are good with it, I know first hand and am there now. But I was introduced to the owner when I first went there, was able to explain my situation, and they have been nothing but great with me. I cannot guarantee that it would work that way with everyone.

But to repeat...I booked for two before I arrived, I had the name and cedula for my companion, and at first she had to check at the desk each time she came, but once they knew who she was she just comes straight to the room, although usually I am with her at that point. If she came in by herself and went to the desk and they did not recognize her I think they call the room, and once I point out that she is registered they apologize and off we go.

Post subject: Re: Hotel Help -San Jose
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:38 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

And remember, often there will be other guests in the lobby area, and in the hotel in general. Don't flaunt the fact you are an older foreign guy with a young tica...stay low key, girl dressed reasonably normally, and no fooling around in public areas, and you will be fine. This is my own version of things, not any rules I have been given.