www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:26 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Can anyone report on the current conditions at Amistad ? Is it as well kept as it once was?

Thank you

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:26 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I did not stay at HLA (stayed at Castillo), but I did walk into the Lobby area on 2 different days a couple of weeks ago. The Lobby area has been changed and couple of the dining tables on the left side as you walk in have been removed and a couch and table added. Very quiet inside the Lobby and bar area with a couple of guys sitting at the bar. No one at the front desk. I did not look at any of the rooms.
About a week later I walked by and 3 guys were out front of the HLA. I stopped and talked with them and they said they were staying there and had been there for a week and a half and they said "they love it at HLA".

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:36 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I'm not a 100% sure of this, but my understanding is that the "all -inclusive" rate at Castillo remains at an additional $10/day, whereas the "all-inclusive" rate at HLA is an additional $50/day due to the restaurant and bar being a separate business entity from the hotel.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 4:27 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I stayed at Castillo and the staff and folks running the show are top notch. Food and drink for All Inclusive is limited but still well worth a saw buck. I did want to say though that the penthouse suites have some work to be done. Neither door on 1 and 2 closed correctly on the penthouse. Door knob literally was not on one door. I also had a major leak in the roof above my bed by the ceiling fan. It missed the bed but looking at ceiling there is water restoration work that is long overdue there. Its a shame to have to report but for the money you expect better rooms.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:40 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

RockinRob1 wrote:
I stayed at Castillo and the staff and folks running the show are top notch. Food and drink for All Inclusive is limited but still well worth a saw buck. I did want to say though that the penthouse suites have some work to be done. Neither door on 1 and 2 closed correctly on the penthouse. Door knob literally was not on one door. I also had a major leak in the roof above my bed by the ceiling fan. It missed the bed but looking at ceiling there is water restoration work that is long overdue there. Its a shame to have to report but for the money you expect better rooms.

ceiling was leaking on me a couple of years ago while staying on the 2nd floor

was told old pipes etc. etc. but they got it fixed