www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 1:11 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I decided to pull this out into it's own thread (most of it posted in another thread) as I have gotten a couple of questions regarding this hotel.

I stayed two nights at Hotel Jaco at the end of January. The hotel is under new ownership and I believe it used to be called Canciones Del Mar.

It is right on the beach and is down a side street (calle Bribri) off the main drag. It is close to the old Beatle Bar that is now called Rolling Thunder. The price was about half of what the Cocal wanted for two weekday nights for a much nicer room.

Prices listed on their website for the second week of March for the one bedroom suites are as follows. 13% tax is additional.

Sunday - $ 89
Monday - $ 79
Tuesday - $ 79
Wednesday - $ 79
Thursday - $ 89
Friday - $ 129
Saturday - $ 129
Weekly - $ 650
Monthly - $ 3000

Some things to be aware of.

(1) Like the Cocal, there is no smoking on the property. They indicate a $275 fine for smoking in the room on the form you sign at check in. I did clarify that no smoking is permitted anywhere.

(2) I was there two nights and it was pretty late in the day when I realized that housekeeping didn't clean my room after the first night. As I had plenty of towels (two bath and two pool) I just made my bed and went out for the evening. I asked about it at check out and they indicated that I only paid for one day of housekeeping and that was for my checkout day. I didn't have time to inquire further as my ride was there.

When you book, be sure to clarify the housekeeping situation and pay for what you need.

(3) Some of the one bedroom suites have a single King bed. Others have two queens. The rooms are the same size and price. Be sure you get the room you need. You do request the specific room you want at time of reservation.

Pros

Beautiful property. Everything is well maintained and immaculate.
    A very large room with a full kitchen, living room and bedroom. Had a nice poolside patio.
    Comfortable King size bed.
    Decent water pressure and plenty of hot water.
    Large swimming pool that was kept very clean.
    Plenty of lounges.
    No issues with guests In the email the owner sent me when I inquired about the policy he stated:
    "Guests are allowed as long as they are discrete. If they look like normal people they can go with you anywhere in the hotel. If they look like a hooker they need to stay in your room. We have a very mixed group of clientele including single men, couples, and families."

Cons

Restaurant is very pricey. A burger was $12 and a cup of coffee was almost $5. This was not really an issue in that there are many places in Jaco to eat. A nice, relatively inexpensive and good place for breakfast is right around the corner (Sunrise Cafe??). Opens very early.

Reservations are all prepaid (half at booking and half about two weeks prior to check in). I am assuming they are non refundable but again you should verify. I didn't worry about it as I was already in San Jose when I booked.