www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:04 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I am looking for somewhere to stay in jaco that allows guest (if it has a 10 dollar fee or something so be it) but the cocal is 200$ and a bit pricey although it does seem like the best spot.

I have seen people say claritas (can someone confirm guest policies please?) and blue palm (any opinions on that?)

Also how is the selection on weekdays in jaco as I would most likely be there Tuesday -Thursday

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:11 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Do a google search for "jaco bachelor pad airbnb" and on here as well. It was reviewed on here several times with no guest fee and walking distance to most things and seemed pretty decent for the price.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:10 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I stayed two nights at Hotel Jaco at the end of January. The hotel is under new ownership and I believe it used to be called Canciones Del Mar.

It is right on the beach and is down a side street (calle Bribri) off the main drag. It is close to the old Beatle Bar that is now called Rolling Thunder. The price was about half of what the Cocal wanted for two weekday nights for a much nicer room.

Two things to be aware of.

(1) Like the Cocal, there is no smoking on the property. They indicate a $275 fine for smoking in the room. I did clarify that no smoking is permitted anywhere.

(2) I was there two nights and it was pretty late in the day when I realized that housekeeping didn't clean my room after the first night. As I had plenty of towels (two bath and two pool) I just made my bed and went out for the evening. I asked about it at check out and they indicated that I only paid for one day of housekeeping and that was for my checkout day. I didn't have time to inquire further as my ride was there.

If you book, be sure to clarify the housekeeping situation and pay for what you need.

Pros

* Beautiful property. Everything is well maintained and immaculate.
* A very large room with a full kitchen, living room and bedroom. Had a nice poolside patio.
* Comfortable King size bed.
* Decent water pressure and plenty of hot water.
* Large swimming pool that was kept very clean.
* Plenty of lounges.
* No issues with guests In the email the owner sent me when I inquired about the policy he stated:
"Guests are allowed as long as they are discrete. If they look like normal people they can go with you anywhere in the hotel. If they look like a hooker they need to stay in your room. We have a very mixed group of clientele including single men, couples, and families."

Cons

* Restaurant is very pricey. A burger was $12 and a cup of coffee was almost $5. This was not really an issue in that there are many places in Jaco to eat. A nice, relatively inexpensive and good place for breakfast is right around the corner (Sunrise Cafe??). Opens very early.
* Reservations are all prepaid (half at booking and half about two weeks prior to check in). I am assuming they are non refundable but again you should verify. I didn't worry about it as I was already in San Jose when I booked.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:19 pm 

I have a question for Hard Drive. That hotel Jaco sounds good. I know a working girl Tica that dresses normally and doe snot act wild. However she is about 27 and has big hooters. I will be 53 in may 2022. Do you think if we hang out by the pool that would cause problems?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:58 pm 

floridajohny wrote:
I have a question for Hard Drive. That hotel Jaco sounds good. I know a working girl Tica that dresses normally and doe snot act wild. However she is about 27 and has big hooters. I will be 53 in may 2022. Do you think if we hang out by the pool that would cause problems?

Only if you wear speedos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:26 pm 

According to what the owner told me it shouldn't be a problem. To be on the safe side I would email the owner and ask him. He is American and responds quickly.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:02 pm 

catbert55 wrote:
floridajohny wrote:

Only if you wear speedos

Now that’s funny right there.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2022 10:41 pm 

If you can't afford the room, you shouldn't even bother to travel.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:51 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

I have a couple of related questions about staying in Jaco.

For the not so friendly to guests hotels - I have a favourite I want to bring with me to Jaco for a couple of days. She would be staying with me and is the only girl that will be there. Is that going to be a problem at any hotels or should I still stay at a guest friendly one?

One other question. I see solid reviews for many different hotels. Has anyone stayed at Hotel South Beach in Jaco? My favourite recommended it (she goes to Jaco regularly). Anyone have any good/bad experiences to share?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:06 pm 

Mithril wrote:
I have a couple of related questions about staying in Jaco.

For the not so friendly to guests hotels - I have a favourite I want to bring with me to Jaco for a couple of days. She would be staying with me and is the only girl that will be there. Is that going to be a problem at any hotels or should I still stay at a guest friendly one?

One other question. I see solid reviews for many different hotels. Has anyone stayed at Hotel South Beach in Jaco? My favourite recommended it (she goes to Jaco regularly). Anyone have any good/bad experiences to share?

Don't know why you would bring a chica to Jaco, it's a crummy town with a crummy beach. Only reason to go there is to meet hookers @ the Cocal. There are many better towns & beaches in CR to take a chica to for a good time.

If you insist on bringing sand to the beach, no reason to stay @ a chica-friendly hotel, if she is your only guest make a reservation for 2 people & check in together as a couple.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:18 pm 

Punta Leona is much nicer and a little closer to San Jose than Jaco. There are a number of smaller hotels, VRBOs and AirBNBs along with the pricier resorts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:58 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thank you both for the insight, much appreciated.

I'm not set on Jaco, I'm just looking for a nice beach/restaurants close by to SJ and am not very familiar with the alternatives. This will be my first time actually travelling with a Chica and I'm still trying to nail down the logistics.

I'm going to look into that Punta Leona suggestion, thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:33 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

[quote="Mithril"]I have a couple of related questions about staying in Jaco.

I didn't travel with a Chica until my 5th trip and have checked them all into Hotels with no issue ever, make sure they have a ID and make the reservation for 2 people also tell her to dress appropriate as well meaning don't show up looking the part, Why would take her Jaco though IMO that's a terrible Idea you go there looking for Puta's and as mentioned above it's a shitty dirty beach. Rent a car get out and see this beautiful country, I recently wrote a VIP trip report on Quepos I would recommend checking out this area if your looking for a beach to take your Favorite.